Newbie question for froex traders

Discussion in 'Forex' started by trader333, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Thanks for the info. I'm keen to find a good one to switch/add if execution is really good/reliable.

Will let you know again later (maybe PM) for further comments.

:)

#31     Nov 20, 2003
  2. rezo_s

rezo_s

Dont know about the second one, but HotSpot (www.hotspotfx.com) are not kids. I heard of them good things, but dont have a personal experience, so cannot say much.

good luck

#32     Nov 20, 2003
  3. #33     Nov 20, 2003
  4. rezo_s

rezo_s

Could you tell me the long story short? bcos its too long to read, and tell you the truth it seems a bit boring in the begining - usual story - what happenes in the end?

#34     Nov 20, 2003
  5. It seems we as fx traders would have too much to learn from this story, assuming it's true.

Take your time to read/ enjoy it fully this weekend.

:)

PS: See PM.

#35     Nov 20, 2003
  6. rezo_s

rezo_s

Okay, will read it in my free time. thnx

#36     Nov 20, 2003
  7. toby400

toby400

The words " Boiler Room " and unwary investors who give their cash to "Traders" to mis - manage on their behalf, are a reasonable precis of the article.

#37     Nov 20, 2003
  8. fxtrdr

fxtrdr

folks we all know from stocks our investments are not insured...what seperates them from a broker is that the deposit is FDIC insured, however the investment portion of those funds is not insured due to you trading the account, and possibly taking a loss. The way I understand it and it can be drawn from the broker websites I read and from what I was told is that my money is lumped in at a broker , I looked at the paperwork and said aaaghh! That is why for certain larger clients they will get them a segregrated account. If the firm account is insured for 100k and there is 2million in it only the first 100k is insured, at bankforextrading.com you have your own FDIC account from the get go, like I was used to in stocks with SIPC. Hope this helps , I believe this is correct.

#38     Nov 25, 2003
  9. sasforex

sasforex

Juts wanted to set you guys straight with this since I work at Commerce Bank in MA, firstly we are not offiliated with the bank in Kansas and yes CBFX and Commerce Bank are the same company, all your deposits are held at Commerce Bank headquartered in Worcester and we have about 10 branches to date, we are only located in MA, all deposits are insured up to 100K but of course this does not include against loss while trading, if only I am sure! We are certainly FDIC regualted and are audited every 3 months by them, in the same way as a regular bank such as fleet for example. We are the only bank in the US to offer RETAIL forex ie forex directly to the consumer, you will find no other bank here in the US offers this.

hope this is all set guys and am pleased that CBFX is at least getting some listings out there, feel free to email me if you have any questions!

#39     Jun 3, 2004
  10. Coins

Coins

I am a new forex trader, moved from sp emini futures. I want to ask few general questions.

(1) Which dealer offers least spread between bids and asks.

OANDA.

(2) Is esignal a good choice. What is their spread.
    No, esignal is a bad choice.

(3) Which dealer offers a good value for trader.
    OANDA.

Thanks for response

You're welcome! Anytime.

Best regards,

C

#40     Jun 4, 2004