Newbie Please help

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by gregss4, Apr 21, 2005.

1. gregss4

gregss4

I am a newbie to technical analysis and I am learning to apply technical analysis to Intraday and daily plus weekly charts and would really appreciate some help as to which Intraday and daily trading hours should I use to do technical analysis and which trading hours respond better to technical analysis?

Does extended hours Intraday charts respond better to technical analysis or the Regular trading hours and why?

Does extended trading hours respond better to daily and Weekly Charts or the Regular trading hours and why ?

Should I be using same trading hours for Futures, Indices and QQQQ Or different hours for each of them?

Thank you.
    Greg

2. "Trading for a Living" by Dr. Alexander Elder is one of many books you should read. It explains more then just T/A.

hope this helps.

alex

3. use regular hours because volume is an important factor in ta and ah volume would be small.

4. Hi,

Multiples, more or less, of 5: month, week, day, 125m, 25m. 5m. and 1 m.

Although 60m and 90m are often very used, mainly 60 min.

Salut

5. Hi,

Sorry, pay attention 1m. Is very, VERY, dangerous for a newbie

Salut

6. Everest

Everest

read some books

7. Good idea.

8. ==============

Greg$$;
    Jack Schwager is one of the best book writers;
    and you may want to not trade with leverage until you learn how to profitably trade, education is much cheaper that way:cool:

9. =====

I am a newbie to technical analysis and I am learning to apply technical analysis to Intraday and daily plus weekly charts and would really appreciate some help as to which Intraday and daily trading hours should I use to do technical analysis and which trading hours respond better to technical analysis?

Does extended hours Intraday charts respond better to technical analysis or the Regular trading hours and why?

Does extended trading hours respond better to daily and Weekly Charts or the Regular trading hours and why ?

Should I be using same trading hours for Futures, Indices and QQQQ Or different hours for each of them?

======

If someone gave you an answer to these questions would you bet thousands of dollars of YOUR money on their reply? Your own simulations will answer the question for you.

10. ER9

ER9

agreed but very helpfull watching since you see more market movement in a shorter amount of time. i found "watching" 1 and 5 minutes charts very valuable in helping to learn the mechanics of price action.

greggs in my experience it depends on the market and the chart timeframe. You will find different charts will have value at different times. for example i use 1 and 5 minute charts to trade ES during the day 5:30am thru 4:15ish but would never use the signals they gave me outside those hours to trade that market. however for securities or futures iv'e found longer timeframes (60minute and daily charts) helpfull for giving me some idea of possible market sentiment at any time. unfortunatelly its ALOT of reading and experimenting to arrive at what works for you. alot of it will depend on what type of trading,timeframe and market you settle into and decide to trade.no simple answers. hope this helps some?

#10     Apr 23, 2005