newbie needs help

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by con2rol, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Quickly...
    Dorman financials look fine. Plus you should consider Dorman has been around for a long time. fwiw; I have past experience with Dorman, and had no problems. I just couldn't get rates I wanted using the Dorman platform.

Mirus, being an IB, is fine too. I have no experience with them but have read good remarks here on ET. In a quick NFA lookup of Mirus, they have a clean record and at least one of the principals has been a NFA member for over 10 yrs. As an IB, a slight, although minimal layer of "safety" exists, in the event something happens to Dorman.

Good trading and glad I could help
    Osorico :)

#11     Sep 4, 2007
  2. NinjaTrader through Spike Trading is great too.

#12     Sep 4, 2007
  3. con2rol

con2rol

again thanks very much osorico for your follow up and support

i checked on the NFA site and found that RCG has bad legal histoty while dorman isnt as much..OTOH, RCG is more experienced and longer in the bus and has ALOT more customer seg # ...if it was you whom will u choose

do i need to have some hard documentation of Mirus SIGNED for their responsibilty in covering me if FCM goes insolvent..that slight extra layer of safety

what does the term "uninsured future houses" mean

thanks

#13     Sep 4, 2007
  4. You have to decide which provides the services you want/need at prices that are conducive to your style of trading.

And good luck having Mirus, OR ANY IB, put anything in writing other than the official account forms and specific fees associated with your account.

Uninsured future houses... all futures "houses" are uninsured as far as clients are concerned. A silly term designed to confuse or sway noobees perhaps?

Osorico :)

#14     Sep 4, 2007
  5. con2rol

con2rol

so just simply ask the IB (mirus) to write a seperate document from the offical ones and have some one from their part sign it physically and fax it back...is that a normal thing to ask a broker

what other things that i NEED to talk about with the broker in order to put them in writing in a seperate documents

should i negotiate these things with the IB or the FCM since all the offical documents are from the FCM

thanks osorico

#15     Sep 4, 2007
  6. The IB doesn't hold your money, so if the clearing firm goes insolvent, the IB doesn't insure your money. Both FCM's that Mirus works with have been around for a long time, so it's not a big concern.

#16     Oct 10, 2007
  7. teeno11

teeno11

I have had the opportunity to work in the futures' brokerage business as well as trade futures for some top-notch trading firms. I can honestly say that the folks at Mirus offer an outstanding product and are committed to giving the trader all the tools they need to succeed. Best retail brokerage firm out there if you want quality tools to succeed. Trust me...I know.

#17     Nov 8, 2007