newbie looking for virtual mentor/ mentors

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shiko2000, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Oh, Man, you are talking about some prop shops that make money. Ours has no strategy. The strategy appeared a couple of weeks ago. You obviously should read this thread from the start.
    Now, i am making progress and looking for sweet spot. So far, when I follow rules I am up, but it is hard as 5 ticks stop loss is unforgivable and sometimes I really have to wait a long time for set up. Trading with added liquidity commissions paid to me looks like a logical choice and I will do only entries with passive orders starting next week trying to exit passively as well.
    One more thing. No one actually stays at our office . Used to be 12-13 guys. Those guys were actually good riddance as no one could control themselves. i saw them losing $60-70 on 1-2 trades with 100 shares. Now outside of owner and assistance only 3-4 guys stay and 2 of them are new. Other just come sniff around and run away. But I see it as opportunity to learn and I know, I have been doing not bad.

#141     May 2, 2010
  2. Again, it is not what I do. i am looking for higher probability trades where I can bag 5-6 ticks with 5 ticks stop loss. They actually told me to enter often with market order, but I prefer limit order actually.

#142     May 2, 2010

3. That's absolutely true. The most important patience and I am very action attracted guy. 5 ticks stop loss is enough when you knwo what to do and can read Level II with Time and Order. I have been watching this combination like hawk for 3 months and slowly getting better at this. Set up is watched on chart, entry is timed on Tape. I mentioned that I was up 5 days before this Friday but some guys just see only negative and say stop trading :) I am up this week actually. My goal is to have my first profitable month in May.

#143     May 2, 2010
  4. Asalam Aleikum guys, I only visited Leninabad with my dad twice back in 1977 and 1980, otherwise stayed within Uzbek borders with yearly forays to Ukraine :)

#144     May 2, 2010