Newbie looking for advice

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NEAsher, Sep 9, 2007.

1. This brings us to the age old arguement of nature vs. nurture. I personally subscribe to the theory of natural trading ability. Anyone on ET can correct me and put me in my place, but before they do, ask themselves if they have looked in the eyes of a rookie trader and NOT started betting on the weeks they would last. My question to those is; how many have proved you wrong. Yes, I may sound cynical, and yes, we are a special breed. But quant guys don't have the guts, HF guys won't put their own money up, and 90% of all "prop" traders will blow up within 6 months. We are special and I like to think of us as that way. We are the breed that has milked the bullets, found liquidity, and made Hybrid our B*$%H
    So my answer to the poor sap that posted this thread is: tell all prop firms that you have no more than $1000 to your name and let them decide if you are worth the "risk" (which we all know is 0) and if you find a group/firm that will take you on, check references, licenses, PHLX,NASD,SEC info and see if they are a reputable. (which is subjective in nature) All in all, you don't sound like a prop guy.

Cheers all, toast to oil at 80 a barrel???

#11     Sep 11, 2007
  2. Educational background doesn't mean sh*t, unless your trying to

program an automated trading system.

#12     Sep 11, 2007
  3. Ed background does not mean sh%t when you have TS and TI as strat facillitators. Youre right, I cannot program. I need someone with more ed than I. or actually a diff. ed than mine. BUT...Can you make a quant guy a trader? an intraday, mix it up, mkt maker, trader?

#13     Sep 11, 2007