newbie is looking for a broker

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Schlachtschwein, May 22, 2002.

1. machine

machine

Yeah, but their software.... :( For a scalper who makes 50+ RTs a day (like me) it's impossible to get the desired price every time.

#21     May 29, 2002
  2. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

Advanced Futures, with the fastest execution at the lowest prices for day traders. $4.90 Round Turn; this is unique to the industry.
    2 Platforms to choose from. X_Trader by Trading Technologies
    and J-Trader by Patsystems.
    Advanced Futures mission is to facilitate the trading of the electronic futures markets as efficiently and most cost effectively as possible.

#22     Jul 9, 2002
  3. def

def Sponsor

Mr. Hyman,
    I've not commented on any of your posts of yet but your statement is misleading, incorrect and I'll not let it stand w/o comment:

1. IB's round turn is $4.80 - no additional charges. (you have additional charges for both platforms beginning at $1 per turn or additional fees that start at $500 per month). Thus $5.90 would be more like it.

2. Your speed is not faster than IB's. Perhaps it is compatable but if you are going to make blanket statements - like fastest exectutions - back it up with facts and figures.

def
    www.interactivebrokers.com

#23     Jul 9, 2002
  4. elon

elon

looking at the title of the thread: " newbie looking for broker"...

I think the added value around the services is far more important than the commish at this point of your new trading adventure...

realtime support, after hours access, cahrts, news, educational and easy to use software.

We try to that the best we can including a client newsletter dedicated to mini traders at:

www.e-mini.com

#24     Jul 9, 2002
  5. DEF; thank you. i am glad that a person who has the respect of readers of this board is standing up and trying to set the record straight that all these other "joker brokers" try and confuse traders about.

#25     Jul 9, 2002
  6. newpac

newpac

Please provide any feedback on phone support and customer service for Advanced Futures. Thanks !

#26     Jul 9, 2002
  7. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

I have nothing negative to say about any broker including
    Interactive Brokers. I have heard from many traders that
    IB's system is very good.
    I will say that Advanced Futures does not try to confuse traders.
    I'll also say that the platforms that Advanced Futures uses are used by the top Professional Traders and the largest institutions
    in the world.
    You do get what you pay for. Advanced Futures uses the top
    Clearing Firms, we do have a very competitive rate and two of the top platforms in the Futures Industry.

Mark Hyman
    mhyman@advancedfutures.com

#27     Jul 9, 2002
  8. haha - this is a funny thread.

looks like your biggest concern should be whether your software and broker will be around next week.....

patsystems just released their 1/4ly results - they have a massive ....wait for it....29 billable clients ...up from 26 last year! and they lost 2.7m pounds, And they have 20m cash left.....tick tock tick tock....

and they just sold there 40% stake in elocal for a whooping $800,000 .....so elocal is worth a whopping $2m !!!!

#28     Jul 9, 2002
  9. A question for those who know..

If IB charge $4.80 per RT for 1 contract.

e-Local charge $4.90 per RT too, but no volume quota.

Isn't it cheaper with e-Local if you do 2 contract per side?

#29     Sep 25, 2002
  10. wild

wild

schlachtschwein,

versuchs mal mit www.openecry.com ´s gratis "30 day e-mini trial" ... 30 tage gratis eSignal inklusive ($ 10 CME-gebühr)

gruss

wild

#30     Sep 25, 2002