newbie here

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by kkkkk, Sep 29, 2007.

1. kkkkk

kkkkk

I have traded stocks a few times. I am interested in trading options.
    Which is the software I purchase?
    Any suggested books? brokers?
    I am also wondering if there are any mentors available in NYC.

2. kkkkk

kkkkk

Anyone willing to help?

3. Scour Elite Trader for months until you find what you are looking for ... then keep looking.

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

4. the previous poster was correct, you must use the search function to obtain the answer to your most basic questions. Once you have shown your due diligence and have developed more focused questions, many people will assist you.

This is not to discourage you, just helpful advice...
    you need to determine your style, instrument and targeted markets to determine brokers, charting etc. fwiw, open an IB account to paper trade, Quotetracker is good free charting program to start... read, read, read...

After 1-month searching past posts and current threads, you should gain a tremendous amount of knowledge and be able to focus your inquiries...

Good luck

PS: I just posted the following in a different thread, but it may be of assistance http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=105562

IMHO, for a newbie trader, it is imperative that he gain a thorough understanding of the risks involved, discipline required, psychology, history and mechanics of the market. He should understand the concept of money and risk management, the importance of capital preservation. He should understand the difference between investing and trading, as well as the difference between fundamental and technical analysis. Most importantly of the discipline and risks. This can not be learned in one, two or five books, in reality it can not all be learned in books, but in actual practice. This is why it is imperative to study a selection of books which address these many topics and are less anecdotal in nature to prepare effectively.

Taking risks is not the key to success in trading...