Newbie getting killed

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by JimBob56, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Thank you. My sentiments exactly. I was thinking why it is so hard to pull the trigger on a loser. If you're really careful about what you 're positioning, and you aren't just throwing spaghetti against the wall, you've put some thought into the trade, AND IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THE "PERFECT SETUP" IS GOING TO FAIL. But they do:p

#21     Apr 8, 2007
  2. I think trying to fade yourself is a very bad idea. It doesn't set you up to enter trades with confidence. You won't know where you stand in your trades. As a directional trader, you have to make your best determination about the direction of the market within your time frame then put your money on the line. That's the only way to do it, IMO.

#22     Apr 8, 2007
  3. It wasn't a joke. when i was a "newbie" I was getting killed, and that's how I fixed it.

#23     Apr 8, 2007
  4. Are you asking what happens when I apply the buy low sell high trading system to a portfolio of say five high relative strength stocks?

Interesting question. I have to modify this program and validate the code. I estimate it takes me about a week to complete the changes.

#24     Apr 8, 2007
  5. Exactly.

But only use S&P500 stocks against the S&P500, (same can be said for the Dow and Nasdaq, if you want run an analysis on those stocks).

Cool, if any of my stock trading experience holds, you've got your self a winner there.

JJ

#25     Apr 8, 2007