Newbie Forex Question.

Discussion in 'Forex' started by scott55tt, Jun 4, 2010.

1. bstay

bstay

my mistake, it actually took up 720MB memory when my WindowsXP has maximum of 4GB. see picture, last item on the resources list:

• gft.gif
      File size:
      21.5 KB
      Views:
    #11     Jun 5, 2010
  2. It looks like everyone covered your basic questions scott but as a personal recomendation I have been using Metatrader4 through Alpari and have been completely satisfied with their service.

#12     Jun 5, 2010
  3. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

The volume you are viewing is most likely tick volume as actual trading volume is not publicly available. FXCM's systems routinely handle about 300,000 trades per day.

#14     Jun 7, 2010
  4. Thank you Wallace & HFT_Board.

Really appreciate the input.

Wallace, can you actually put a pipettes order ? If yes, which brokers do that ?

Thanks

#15     Jun 8, 2010
  5. So how do most traders use their charts besides volume charts ?

I was under the impression that volume charts reveal things that time charts ( Minute ) charts dont. I really like volume charts on e minis.

So if that is not available, what other alternaves do I have besides the minute charts ?

Thanks

#16     Jun 8, 2010
  6. bstay

bstay

how do i get volume charts on TradeStation platform?

#17     Jun 8, 2010
  7. moarla

moarla

you can use Volume charts from the future (EUR) and trade FX from them. I do it. FX and futures are moving together. (there is a price difference between them, but the moves are the same)

not for all symbols there are liquid futures that may be a problem

FXCM sends ticks not volume, but i am not shure if that are real ticks, because they send about 1 tivk every 2 sec. constantly....

#18     Jun 8, 2010
  8. scott55tt, not sure what you're asking, a pipette is such a small amount i ignore it -
    i use Oanda and chose to not display pipettes on the chart or orders
    some brokers don't use pipettes some do, you'd have to search

#19     Jun 8, 2010
  9. NinjaTrader charts: seconds, minutes, tick, volume, range

also fx can be traded in NT, GFT is the fx broker supplying the feed, one broker
    providing an NT fx demo is AMP futures

#20     Jun 8, 2010