Newbie asking how could i get the 100 millisecond chart?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mcgene4xpro, May 20, 2010.

1. very good point , thank you for sharing.

#11     May 20, 2010
  2. ET99

ET99

the latency is in the last mile.

but most people never heard of the term "last mile".

#12     May 20, 2010
  3. very new concept for me. please if you have any resources that i could read more about this relativity in forex, please send me....

Thank you very much for sharing and your response

#13     May 20, 2010
  4. Yeah. I had thought the thread was so new no one would point out the idiocy of a 100 millisecond chart. I need the 5 nanosecond chart. Pretty sure I'd have a huge amount of data from that.

#14     May 20, 2010
  5. too cheap too respond and very low level of communication. You show clearly who is the idiot here.

enjoy!

;)

#15     May 21, 2010
  6. who told you i am going to trade manually !!!

#16     May 21, 2010
  7. Then why do you need the "chart" if you're automated?

#17     May 21, 2010
  8. rosy2

rosy2

assuming you got the data immediately, how long do you think it takes to create the chart itself?

#18     May 21, 2010
  9. AK100

AK100

The trouble is with this thinking is that it's probably wrong, a classic newbie mistake.

Sure, the shorter the timeframe the smaller the stop but then what about the percentage chance of that stop being hit via general market noise versus the percentage change of a wider stop being hit?

so you have to balance the 2, the total risk of the stop and the % chance of it being hit.

In my mind there's actually less risk from trading a higher timeframe as yes stops will be larger but then so will profits and the chance of your stop being hit (because it's not so near).

Possible therefore to risk say 1-2 points in EUR/USD to make 3-6 full points profit. And with the large(ish) stop it's hard for general noise to get ya so even if your timing is wrong (mostly it will be) you give the market some room to move.

Good luck anyway and probability states your broker is going to lova ya :)

#19     May 21, 2010
  10. Thank you for your response, However, i believe the market is fracatal so the noise theory is less convincing for me. Probability is easier to to predict in shorter time frames but i believe it will be the same on the higher time frames but less predicatable. Also, i trade with diseasterous stop loss not usual stop loss. I use hedging instead. You may disagree with me for that but i am telling you what i am doing ' to make my broker loves me;)".

95% of trades lose money, do you think those are believing and practicing more your trading dogma or mine?

Just a question.

i am trying to go away from the main stream if i could.

Elite ... please share your opinions.

actually

#20     May 21, 2010