Newark Mayor Cory Booker saves woman from fire

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Apr 13, 2012.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/newark-mayor-saves-woman-house-fire-061355006.html

Newark Mayor Cory Booker saves woman from fire

Mayor Cory A. Booker of Newark, N.J., rescued a woman trapped in a burning house Thursday night and carried her to safety.

Booker was treated for smoke inhalation at a local hospital and released. He also suffered second-degree burns on his hand.

The New York Times reports that Booker arrived at his Newark home after taping a television interview and found a neighbor's house ablaze. Before firefighters arrived on the scene, the mayor and two members of his security detail entered the house and helped the residents get out safely.

Booker then heard a woman screaming for help on the second floor and went back inside.

"I just grabbed her and whipped her out of the bed," Booker told The Star-Ledger.

Booker posted a Twitter message shortly after the incident: "Thanks 2 all who are concerned. Just suffering smoke inhalation. We got the woman out of the house. We are both off to hospital. I will b ok."

The mayor added that one of his security officers had tried to stop him from going inside. "We actually get into a fight because his job is to protect me," Booker said.

Newark Fire Chief John Centanni said Booker and his security detail performed a professional rescue and that their actions may have saved the woman's life.

[​IMG]

2. Good for him

now continue your 1 trick pony posts lauding democrats and their pets or detailing imaginary grievances.

3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

It is good to finally hear some good news about a politician.

4. Yes he's the right color and party for ak.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ah that must be why this thread is in P&R.

6. Now continue trolling with your bull shit posts trying to turn every thread into shit like you just attempted to do with this one

7. +1

8. hey I gave him credit for a laudable act, I'll be waiting for you to post a positive message about conservatives, or republicans but i won't hold my breath.

9. I'll bet you wish they made an inflatable version of him like your Obama love doll.

10. a heart warming story , there is a special place for those people in heaven. :) .

#10     Apr 13, 2012