New Zealand’s Investors Confidence Remains High Despite COVID-19

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mlawson71, Jun 29, 2020.

1. mlawson71

mlawson71

The New Zealand financial regulator Financial Markets Authority (FMA) recently published its annual Investor Confidence Survey. The country endured a lengthly lockdown to eradicate the virus, but investor confidence in it remained quite high, according to the report.

According to the released data, confidence in the markets has remained within the same range for a third consecutive year now. Some people may be surprised, as markets always seem to be deeply affected by lockdowns, sometimes in expected ways.

The FMA conducted this survey between the 5th and 14th May 2020, during the level 3 lockdown in the country. Despite that, 2/3rds of the investors interviewed for the survey remained confident in the local markets.

New Zealanders were aware that it would be easier to conduct business if they were not impeded by disease in the long term, I assume.

2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Tourism or pretty much any foreign travel is completely over until a Vaccine so no money from Tourism, Imports and Exports unaffected but have to keep plane / ship crew on board and zero contact ofcourse.

3. mlawson71

mlawson71

What about that information about a travel bubble with Vietnam and Taiwan?

4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Same Boat as Auss and NZ and also would like the Vaccine to re open, I can only find Taiwan Worldometer though, obviously early hard strict lockdown.

5. mlawson71

mlawson71

I thought Vietnam had no new local transmission cases for the past month or so?