NEW YORK—The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas named a former Goldman Sachs banker and Harvard academic

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by cdcaveman, Aug 17, 2015.

1. It seems all the central slash fed bankers get cush jobs... No way this is a conspiracy ! haha...

2. "
    The Goldman Sachs background remains prominent and frequently controversial among central bankers. New York Fed leader William Dudley was the firm’s chief economist before joining the central bank. European Central Bank chief Mario Draghi and Bank of England Governor Mark Carney also worked at Goldman Sachs. Newly installed Philadelphia Fed President Patrick Harker was involved with the investment bank.

READ MORE
    Mr. Fisher was one of the Fed’s most prominent critics of keeping interest rates at very low levels, but little is known about Mr. Kaplan’s views on monetary policy. The 58-year-old Mr. Kaplan is a management professor and senior associate dean at Harvard Business School."

this guy is teaching all our top Harvard students how to create a communist state through interventionism

3. i960

i960

More like an oligarch state. Goldmanites benefit Goldmanites.

I mean c'mon, Paulson was an incredible example of it.

4. loyek590

loyek590

who would you rather have running things? Given the choice I choose Goldman eveytime. At least with them in charge I can make some money.

5. what does it tell you when you leave a top position at Goldman to work at a gov bank... It means we are not longer capitalists

6. You can't let the fox in the hen house.. They extracting value out of the average American with their Keynesian controls.. This is communism through economic controls

7. loyek590

loyek590

I'm doing a helluvalot better now than I was 20 years ago, so "Keynesian controls" and "communism" have been good for me. Not so sure for my kids and grandkids. Will someone ever have to pay for all of this? If not, keep it going.

8. that is the thing... It's not like things happen gradually when things go bad.. "So far so good" ideology isn't going to cut it..

9. loyek590

loyek590

“How did you go bankrupt?"
    Two ways. Gradually, then suddenly.”

piezoe likes this.
  10. I don't understand what your saying... are you taking some macro economic view of mine and trying to create an analogy of a personal bankruptcy? I hear you kinda of opposing my view in some way.. Which is ok... i'm not looking to argue...

#10     Aug 17, 2015