New York’s First NFT Restaurant to Open in Times Square This Year

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, Mar 12, 2022.

1. johnarb

johnarb

prolly nothing...

"According to the New York Post, the exclusive club will open in a cellar space in the restaurant this May and only be accessible to customers with a membership purchased using the cryptocurrency Ethereum. The starting price for entry is around $8,000, with additional perks for those who pay more. A $20,000 “gold membership” includes reservations for up to 20 people a month, according to the Post, while a $100,000 “platinum membership” allows customers to place delivery orders from the club."

https://ny.eater.com/2022/3/11/22970786/first-nft-restaurant-brooklyn-chop-house-nyc-times-square

New York’s First NFT Restaurant to Open in Times Square This Year
    Plus, Sixpoint Brewery is headed to Downtown Brooklyn — and more intel

by Luke Fortney@lucasfortney Mar 11, 2022, 11:07am ESTShare this on Facebook (opens in new window)
    [​IMG]
    Brooklyn Chop House will soon be home to New York’s first NFT restaurant.
    Brooklyn Chop House
    Manhattan steakhouse Brooklyn Chop House is preparing to open a massive second location in Times Square, a 25,000-square-foot space that will include New York’s newest NFT restaurant. The steakhouse, from owner Stratis Morfogen, the vaccine mandate protester also behind the Brooklyn Dumpling Shop chain, is spread out over five levels, with six private dining rooms, three bars, a rooftop, and — yes — a private cellar that will eventually house a members-only NFT restaurant. It opens March 14.

According to the New York Post, the exclusive club will open in a cellar space in the restaurant this May and only be accessible to customers with a membership purchased using the cryptocurrency Ethereum. The starting price for entry is around $8,000, with additional perks for those who pay more. A $20,000 “gold membership” includes reservations for up to 20 people a month, according to the Post, while a $100,000 “platinum membership” allows customers to place delivery orders from the club.

This is, alas, a trend. In January, Eater reported that NFT evangelist and former Resy founder Gary Vaynerchuk planned to open the world’s ‘first NFT restaurant’ in NYC in 2023. The forthcoming business, called Flyfish Club, requires membership that can only be purchased using cryptocurrency. The lowest priced membership is 2.5 Ethereum, according to the company’s website — around $6,500 at the time of publishing.

Tokenz likes this.
  2. The kind of people who would go to something like that are pieces of shit I would never choose to be around

Spooz Top 2, LuckyMac and USDJPY like this.
  3. zdreg

zdreg

Disappointing. Being ET, When I saw chop house I thought the subject of thread would be about pump and dump places.

johnarb likes this.
  4. johnarb

johnarb

For the culture..

I will enjoy eating there without assholes like you around

Tokenz and Sprout like this.
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

[​IMG]

lucysparabola, Sprout and M.W. like this.
  6. Don't worry , I'm not missing anything , have fun wasting your money , whatever makes the chemicals in your head feel like your important

M.W. and TheDawn like this.
  7. S2007S

S2007S

More NFT fad nonsense

Wait till cryptocurrencies lose 50 60 70 80% of their value.

8. TheDawn

TheDawn

$100K for just a membership to a restaurant to eat?? Serioiusly??!! For that much $$, I hope they do more than just serve food. F shit!! This is just a bragging rights restaurant. Far more restaurants, I am sure, serve far better food for lot cheaper.

Not interested. Next!!

stochastix likes this.
  9. johnarb

johnarb

The $100K is for Platinum that will allow delivery. I already get that with Uber Eats, DoorDash and others

I'm only interested in the $8K membership and it's good if the place is too busy and you can get access easily

For example, Caesar's Diamond and higher status gets seated within 15 minutes at the Bacchanal Buffet

On our last visit to Las Vegas, we ate there 3 consecutive days

If you or someone you know don't have that Tier status, you will not be able to do that. Try it

Tokenz likes this.
  10. savoir

savoir

It looks like a gimmick to attract attention to the opening of the restaurant. 25,000 square feet is massive. The overhead must be outrageous. What a huge risk to be opening such a place at this time. Would not be too smart to buy a lifetime membership even if paying with crypto. It’s just a fucking steakhouse. LOL

#10     Mar 12, 2022