New Yorkers are Idiots....There. I said it.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Nov 2, 2012.

1. I know this may come as a complete shock to some of you but NY just doesn't appeal to everyone.

Myself I've never been but if i did 3 things are on my list :
    1) try out some good pizza pie.
    2) checkout the exchanges
    3) Try not to kill any yankee assholes.

#11     Nov 2, 2012
  2. 1) Chicago's Pan Pizza is the bomb diggity
    2) Chicago's CME
    3) Why?

#12     Nov 2, 2012
  3. JamesL

JamesL

New Yorkers are idiots....

It starts at the to, with the mayor:

Bloomberg diverts critical supplies from Staten Island to NYC Marathon

The show will go on this Sunday for the few thousand runners expected to participate in the annual New York City Marathon. As many as 1.3 million households across the Big Apple can’t say the same, however, as residents remain powerless from Sandy.

From Staten Island to South Manhattan, the City that Never Sleeps has been transformed to the City That Always Swims ever since Superstorm Sandy ravaged the East Coast earlier this week, flooding streets and downing power lines in some of the biggest metropolitan regions in the country. Sandy has so far taken nearly 100 lives and is being blamed for perhaps $50 billion in damages according to some early estimates, but even if New York has been turned into a disaster site by Mother Nature, Mayor Michael Bloomberg says the city will hold its annual 26.2 mile race this weekend come hell or high water.

“This city is a city where we have to go on,” Mr. Bloomberg tells reporters this week, insisting that the world-renowned race will be crucial for New York’s economy, especially the small businesses and hotels that are expected to make bank from out-of-state and international athletes already en route to the contest.

On Thursday, Bloomberg defended his decision to not cancel the marathon and vowed that all of Manhattan will have their electricity up and running by Sunday. For many New Yorkers who have been kicked from their homes and left relying on government assistance and the kindness of others to fend through one of the worst storms to hit the city in recent memory, though, they think the mayor’s efforts could be better utilized by aiding and protecting his own people — not ensuring that a lengthy footrace goes on as planned, requiring hundreds of emergency workers to walk away from storm-wrecked neighborhoods where the city’s actual residents are in dire straits.

In his remarks, Mayor Bloomberg also said the dozens of people who have perished because of the storm — including at least one off-duty NYPD officer — would want the race to go on.

http://rt.com/usa/news/marathon-sandy-nnyc-bloomberg-858/

As a former NYer, I can tell you that most NYer's hate the marathon and dread the infestation of jerkoffs that accompany it every year. And I sincerely doubt the dead want the race to go on.

Bloomberg is a jackass.

#13     Nov 2, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

Personally I think they should have used NYC to test nuclear weapons instead of ruining good land in Nevada.

I spent a month on Manhattan some time ago. Those are rudest most obnoxious people on the planet. I'll spare you my stories.

#14     Nov 2, 2012
  5. New Yorkers are Idiots..
    ----------

Yuppers. idiots are everywhere but on the flip side you'll be surrounded by plenty of people who will work harder faster smarter and longer than the average bear ---- And (figurativly) if you stand still, you'll get run over.

#15     Nov 2, 2012
  6. Only idiots would vote in droves for Obama again and that's exactly what they're going to do.

#16     Nov 2, 2012