New York: Where the Worst Drivers Live

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Tom B, May 21, 2009.

1. jem

jem

You have to be pretty stupid to fail a drivers test.

You would expect this test to point out that the Red States are the dumb states.

What a surprise the largest blue states contain the most ignorant people as measured by a drivers test.

#21     May 23, 2009
  2. Surdo

Surdo

They are always squinting, which explains the poor peripheral vision!

#22     May 23, 2009
  3. This doesn't surprise me. In New York City in particular there are areas that people are about 1-2 inches from each other, so it doesn't surprise me that people in the northeast drive poorly, and can't pass standardized tests. I would never own a car in NYC. Chicago a different story, but way more wide open than NYC. I've only spent a week in NYC, and was considering moving there, but would never own a car in that area if I did move there.

#23     May 23, 2009
  4. Well I guess so. Do you mean that old Taoist saying:

“The sound man faces the passing of human generations as if the sacrifice of straw dogs?”

Before we agree, and agree to disagree. I want to know what is the goal of all this.
    Could it be to move personal, goods, and services, safely, efficiently, and swiftly.
    Without polluting and destroying everything and everybody in the process?
    This system of evident domain requires that everybody pay.
    Are you talking about our former President?
    I thought you had more to say, so I just it took the straw man to pull it out of you. If you are referring to “car control,” then we are in agreement. But that is as far as it goes.

Drivers need to increase their skills of car control and stop driving with only one hand, that is "half a brain," on the steering wheel.
    What standards. We have no tests for car control. If the driver is competent at high speeds they could still be under age and unable to pass a written test.
    Which is it safety or academics?

What exactly is dangerous driving, 40mph in a 60mph zone. A driver might have great car control skills and do something safely that someone else thinks is dangerous.
    A Copper hassled me for this doing 55mph in an area where I feel safe in rain and storm at 70mph. I guess people base their opinions on there own limitations without considering the limitations of other men-machine-training combinations.
    I took my skid control training in Canada. And I must say the conditions that we trained for are much different than what drivers in Hawaii may encounter. For one, none of the Hawaii drivers has ever, or will ever drive on snow. They have no clue at all about ice.
    Do you think a mandatory skid control school, will do well in the tropics?
    Sure skills can be quantitively measured, its what you do with the information is what we are talking about.
    This is just how municipalities “collect revenue," get real.
    I like the one used in some South American country, where if you get caught drunk driving they put you in jail. The second time they put your wife in jail.
    How are you going to do that?
    As they do now in most states.
    Sure its all one way streets, cars collide moving at about the same rate, in the same direction. All the drivers talking at once with hands free phones.

#24     May 23, 2009
  5. evident domain:D = beer goggles?

Eminent domain ...the law by which the government can appropriate private property?

#25     May 24, 2009
  6. And significantly older on average lol.

#26     May 24, 2009
  7. LOL, its so funny. Politically correct Americans just refuse to be honest about life.

#27     May 24, 2009
  8. Blacks are the worst. Go live in NOLA or Atlanta for a while and see what I mean.

Actually the list of states and their standings are correlated to % of whites living in the state or put another way to the % of non whites.

#28     May 24, 2009
  9. Actually, I suspect the worst drivers are some of the people who have major racist problems here. against non-caucasians.

#29     May 24, 2009
  10. Are your suspicions based on evidence that you have uncovered or is just "the way you feel" lol.

#30     May 24, 2009