New York Traders Expo.....February 2008

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by 2ez, Nov 24, 2007.

1. cstfx

cstfx

Either way, point being save your money and go to the one in Vegas. You'll have a lot more fun than coming to NY in Feb.

#41     Nov 26, 2007
  2. Surdo

Surdo

You probably buy frozen fish at Super Stop and Shop somewhere in Joisey.

#42     Nov 26, 2007
  3. cstfx

cstfx

Ok, since you tend to lean toward the insult side of things from time to time, I'll give you a free lesson on buying fish - if the eyes are cloudy, it's a little old. If the eyes are cut out, it's more than a little old. Which do you think you'll find on Canal Street? Trick question, you find them both!

You go keep buying that fish from Canal Street.

Kinda sucks when someone knows more than you, doesn't it. Not the first time you've challenged me.

#43     Nov 26, 2007
  4. gaj

gaj

surdo - the LES has changed a lot...i can understand the residents making the exact same complaints people used to make when i lived in hoboken (all these out of towners coming in, getting drunk and peeing all over the streets, etc. - which is funny, because it used to be the *cough* locals who'd be peeing on them before). also, many of the place which gave it its unique feel and vibe have had to move out because of the significant rent increases...(like that hotel on bowery - WTF???)

i used to primarily hang out in the west village because it was eclectic, still do a bit but now mainly enjoy soho / east village despite the changes (ie. cbgb's closes up, but cbgb's "store" opens on st. marks, nyu invades the clubs, etc.) and now that area has led the cocktail resurgence at places like blue owl, PDT, death & co., and the wine bars like bar veloce...

i still enjoy the city lots, but can sympathize with those who have lost patience with the changes. and there's still tons of stuff to do, architecture and history to see, with only a subway ride to separate you from it all. can't beat that...

#44     Nov 26, 2007
  5. 2ez

2ez

I moved to Rockland County....hehehe

#45     Nov 27, 2007
  6. zosorock

zosorock

Hi all!

I am rather new here but I will be going as well (registered yesterday). I will be easy to spot: the longest hair you will ever see in a trader's expo :D

Are you guys going to try to get together before or after for a few beers and trader's chat?

Best,

Fabiano

#46     Dec 10, 2007
  7. I went to the expo a couple years ago. I was surprised to see a MSDW booth. I stood around a few minutes, looking over his literature offerings and said "I can do something you can't do". The guy in the booth says "What's that?" I said, "Make money in my account" Ahaahahahaaaaaa

#47     Dec 10, 2007