New York Traders Expo.....February 2008

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by 2ez, Nov 24, 2007.

1. He's probably one of those rich folk that are always stingy no matter how much they have. eg Avril Lavigne.

#31     Nov 26, 2007
  2. Yea, surf.. why, why, WHY???? :)

Because he's in the city often and it gets pricy to throw around $3-400/night for hotel alone, and another $50 for parking. More importantly, he tries to get as close as he can to the land. :)

#32     Nov 26, 2007

3. yes, the closer the better.

:D

#33     Nov 26, 2007

4. annaland is right on all counts.

it doesn't make any sense for me to drop 250-450.00 a night for similar quality 20-30 minutes away for 50-90.00.

regards,

surf

#34     Nov 26, 2007
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

Make sense, but I prefer convenience and willing to pay for it.

#35     Nov 26, 2007
  6. cstfx

cstfx

For those who are not familiar with the NY scene, weekends in NY are the pits. For starters, a third of the subway lines are usually closed as that is the time the MTA repairs them, and they need repair.

Want to drive? It takes longer to drive into Manhattan on a weekend than during rush hour on a weekday. The weekends bring the old bridge and tunnel crowd into the city - you know, the Vinnie's from out on the island or the Jack and Dianes from Jersey coming in with their Camaros or pickups.

Times Square is where the Marriott is located, and EVERY tourist is drawn to those ten blocks like flies to , well, you know. There's a big (by NY standards) Toys R Us that everyone has to stop into, like they can't get Nintendo from anywhere else. You got your Chinese massage chairs, Black Jews For Jesus (or something like that) MTV studios, a naked cowboy, a protest in front or near the recruitment center, construction, 15 beggars from the 42nd street subway to 45th Street, where the Marriott is located, Sun. afternoon matinee, and you got Oliver Velez "teaching" you how you can join his firm without putting up any cash, but you have to pay him a fee of 5k to teach you how to trade. Plus don't forget it's the coldest month of the winter to be in NY.

Why you would want to save your money and come to NY just for this and NOT want to go to Vegas or LA is beyond me.

#36     Nov 26, 2007
  7. Surdo

Surdo

It sounds like you have never ventured below Houston Street.
    I agree Times Square is a waste of time, but aren't you overgeneralizing about Manhattan?

el surdo

#37     Nov 26, 2007
  8. cstfx

cstfx

I have lived on W57th st, W71st st, e19th, and BPC. After 15 yrs, I have had enough of NYC. Best thing I ever did was move out. (side note, thx Bloomberg, couldn't have done it w/o you) If I didn't have to work here, well...

Tell me, how is Canal St on the weekend any better than Times Square? ("How much you wan to pay?")

#38     Nov 26, 2007
  9. Surdo

Surdo

I enjoy weekends in SoHo and The East Village. About the only use I have for Canal Street is for fresh fish and Chinese vegetables.

#39     Nov 26, 2007
  10. cstfx

cstfx

Dude, we got to talk! I hate to break it to you, but ...

#40     Nov 26, 2007