New York Times: U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DollarBondsCL, Mar 2, 2012.

1. The only warmonger I can respect the one that picks up a rifle and marches off himself and his sons into first wave frontline infantry.

I would still disagree with that warmonger but at least I would respect him enough.

If you are a warmonger not willing to die for your warmongering, I have no respect for you :/

#11     Mar 2, 2012
  2. So Netanyahu gets McCain - the president's last electoral opponent - to make the following public statement:

"There should be no daylight between America and Israel in our assessment of the [Iranian] threat. Unfortunately there clearly is some."

And the "unfortunately" is clearly, in McCain's view, Obama's fault.

What to make of all this? I'd say, as I did earlier today, it's a further escalation of Netanyahu's attempt to use US domestic politics to back a war on Iran. First we get McCain et al on Israeli soil backing the Israeli prime minister against the US president and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs. Then we get the report that Israel is preparing to strike alone. Now we hear via Haaretz that Netanyahu is demanding that Obama threaten a US military strike if Iran does not back down on its secluded nuclear research, rather than repeat the "all options are on the table" diplo-speak. Could this confusing set of signals have something to do with this:

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast...anyahu-ctd.html

#12     Mar 2, 2012
  3. http://www.zerohedge.com/contribute...atheist-neocons

Millions of Evangelical Christians Want to Start WWIII to Speed the "Second Coming" ... and Atheist Neocons are Using Religion
    Submitted by George Washington on 02/17/2012 22:07 -0500

ChinaEuropean UnionGermanyIranIraqIsraelJohn McCainMiddle EastNeocons

MILLIONS OF EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS WANT TO START WORLD WAR III ... TO SPEED UP THE SECOND COMING

The Founding Fathers weren't particularly anti-Islam.

But millions of Americans believe that Christ will not come again until Israel wipes out its competitors and there is widespread war in the Middle East. Some of these folks want to start a huge fire of war and death and destruction, so that Jesus comes quickly.

According to French President Chirac, Bush told him that the Iraq war was needed to bring on the apocalypse:

In Genesis and Ezekiel Gog and Magog are forces of the Apocalypse who are prophesied to come out of the north and destroy Israel unless stopped. The Book of Revelation took up the Old Testament prophesy:

“And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.”

Bush believed the time had now come for that battle, telling Chirac:

“This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins”…

There can be little doubt now that President Bush’s reason for launching the war in Iraq was, for him, fundamentally religious. He was driven by his belief that the attack on Saddam’s Iraq was the fulfilment of a Biblical prophesy in which he had been chosen to serve as the instrument of the Lord.

#13     Mar 2, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Perhaps you senility prevents you from remembering that these same agencies claimed Iraq was brimming with WMD.

Your liberal arts education qualifies you for my permanent Ignore List. At least you have your pension if not your dignity

#14     Mar 2, 2012
  5. Getting on the list of 377, the racist, is a good thing, CL, keep it up.

This fucker even advocates violent revolution of our existing government.

#15     Mar 2, 2012

6. See, you do get it. Some are even saying crazy things like BHO is the Anti-Christ. The hysteria around that, and birtherism is fascinating to observe.

#16     Mar 2, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

Warmongers or realists?

Anyway, I guess that means Iran will now let the international inspectors in to verify this. Right? What do they have to hide? And it will prevent any error that could lead to war. It only makes sense if there is no reason to be worried.

#17     Mar 2, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

The ramblings of a drunk nurse.

#18     Mar 2, 2012
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

That could affect his aim.

Hazmat teams are standing by.

#19     Mar 2, 2012
  10. zdreg

zdreg

is this the writing of a princeton graduate?
    DollarBondsCL

03-02-12 04:11 AM

Quote from upandcomer:

You are arrogant and probably a know-it-all/ass hole in real life.

Congrats.

not at all
    since everybody can comment and some people like this Martinghoul know nothing

DollarBondsCL

03-02-12 08:42 AM

Quote from piezoe:

Martinhoul is one of the more informed contributors to ET.

If that is so

Then why isn't he informed enough to see relationship between dollar devaluation and skyrocketing oil prices.
    He didn't even write down his view point, he only said "oh no not this again" like some mall teenager.

Is Martinghoul the best this site can offer?

Why didn't he at least make a pathetic attempt to blame China and India for driving up demand thus prices as the sole reason.

He didn't even try arguing. Perhaps because he knows he will be slaughtered here in public.

Made fool of.
    ____

based upon your writings it seems unlikely that you are both a princeton and oxford graduate. these 2 samples are obviously not conclusive.

#20     Mar 2, 2012