New York may fade as a financial center

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wilburbear, Sep 26, 2008.

1. 'New York may fade as a financial center '

same talk was around in 1974

and in the early 1980s,and in 1987, and the early 1990s

draw your own conclusions....

#11     Sep 27, 2008
  2. How dare you suggest LIBOR has worth to the US financial structure. You sir, are a recreant! LOL

#12     Sep 27, 2008
  3. Personally, I need all the rat-racers to stay together in one small area (NY), and beat on each other.

I don't want the expenses or that lifestyle where I live. If you live in NY, you should stay in NY.

#13     Sep 27, 2008

4. LOL brits are just perennial losers

#14     Sep 27, 2008
  5. #15     Sep 29, 2008
  6. We've been the financial center for a while. I hope it lasts. The largest percentage gain in CFAs is in Shanghai. My husband described it as the city where the "The Jetsons" would be filmed.

Even Rome fell....

#16     Sep 29, 2008
  7. It won't - Jews are not welcome there

#17     Sep 29, 2008
  8. Yes they are. Trust me.

Anyone with talent and skill, especially in specialized areas, is more than welcome there.

Did you know that they are taking all of their revenues from oil sales, setting aside a large % of that wealth, and investing in wind, solar and hydro power, in a massive effort to build the epicenter of non-carbon based energy production, so that they can sell this energy to the rest of the world when we wean ourselves off oil?

Talk about foresight. Oh, the irony, while the best we can come with is 'drill, baby drill!"

#18     Sep 29, 2008
  9. this country's pandering to large interests and inability to plan for this or react to it is pathetic. What hope do we have besdes T Booooooone Pickins taking matters into his own hands and getting us halfway there?

Good for Dubai, though. They probably realized once they are out of texas tea the US wouldnt have any reservations bombing them out of existence over there. Hopefully the middle east can use this prosperity to become a little more economically diversified and culturally relevant to the modern world.

Is it hard to learn arabic?

#19     Sep 30, 2008
  10. is it possible that chanting herd were an undocumented family of primate?

#20     Sep 30, 2008