New York is Dead

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by sammybea, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Hello?

#51     Nov 12, 2008
  2. Correct, annaland. Continuing spending $15 on a burger, in spite of losing their job, is symptomatic of denial. They are in denial that the S is hitting the fan.

#52     Nov 12, 2008
  3. gaj

gaj

lots of my friends who work in the city report just what surdo, etc. say in terms of everything. most work in finance, but not all. and fortunately (unusually?) they all (save one person) still have jobs.

nice tune, though. mr. marr appeared on guitars in it, and kirsty's done some wonderful songs as well.

like how cnbc used the per se/grant achatz (alinea) special dining experience ($1500/head, wine pairing) being sold out as how things are still good. that pairing (and i think there was a 3rd amazing chef as well), on a one-time basis, would sell out no matter whether things were good or bad. i've had dinner @alinea, and it was the best meal of my life. i'll hit per se eventually...though i can't imagine ko's $160 huge lunches, even though sold-out now, can continue succeeding. and i love the momofukus.

i'll be wandering around this friday or next, and will get my own ground's-eye
    idea of things.

#53     Nov 12, 2008
  4. Spending $15 on a burger is a pathology all on its own.

#54     Nov 12, 2008

5. thanks, yeah, johny marr is gifted guitar player.

keep us posted on your observations.

surf

#55     Nov 12, 2008
  6. Yea, I'll give that to ya Merco.....Crobar is hit or miss. It's all ways packed when I play, or when Scumfrog plays.

Crobar south america is getting all the attention, but then again, Bueno A. is hop'n.

Point is, still plenty of money in NYC. Regardless. I tour a few times a year and most the cities are hurting, Miami the worst.
    NYC is far better off.

#56     Nov 12, 2008
  7. those are bizzare questions.

i write, trade and raise multi millions for various funds and niche strategies that have edge.

Not sure what you mean otherwise.

surf

:confused:

#57     Nov 12, 2008
  8. I'm just wondering why you would need to spend that kind of money on overhead.

#58     Nov 12, 2008
  9. #59     Nov 12, 2008
  10. EPrado

EPrado

You do write...I'll give you that.....as far as the other 2....well........ :)

#60     Nov 12, 2008