New York is Dead

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by sammybea, Nov 11, 2008.

1. chitown girls have gone the same direction...

#31     Nov 12, 2008
  2. Not to go off thread here but as a Chicagoan who spent a year in Manhattan I can attest without reservation that New York is 50x easier to get laid in than Chitown. Too many "good girls" in the Midwest....

#32     Nov 12, 2008
  3. Mecro

Mecro

Considering your endless rah rah rah in spite of reality, I think I will stick to my own observations. Plenty of "for rent" signs all over NYC. Plenty of Real Estate publications ready to back up what I and Surdo say. And we are talking about publications which always put a positive spin on things.

There is a world outside of Midtown 5th Avenue, in case you have not realized. That's probably one of the last areas I would look at for reality, lol. Watch that wonderful GAP store there, might start seeing some changes. As well as the chic overpriced jewelers, no way all of them stay in business.

P.S. In case you did not get the memo, NYC is highly dependent on Financial Services industry. Connect the dots, once you take off your rosy glasses and are able to see.

#33     Nov 12, 2008
  4. Mecro

Mecro

You must have completely missed the clubs complaining about their dying & near dead bottle service business.

BTW, a big LOL at you calling Crobar a hot spot. It's been B&T spot for years.

#34     Nov 12, 2008
  5. Surdo

Surdo

If you look under 35 and have game it is not difficult to get a piece of ass in NYC.

#35     Nov 12, 2008
  6. EPrado

EPrado

Bonds ?

You are kidding right?

Not sure why you are so down on the stock market. Sure, Volume is down as a lot of the big players are on the sidelines/liquidating to meet redemptions, but I know plenty of guys who are making a killing right now trading equities. Some of the daytraders at your old firm are making a killing right now. Now of course when volatility slows down things will change....but not sure why you think the stock market is dead.

What are the opportunities in entertainment? Seriously...am curious.

#36     Nov 12, 2008

7. See there is the problem.... it should be the other way around for the olympics to start. :D

#37     Nov 12, 2008
  8. The downtown girls just suck now, too many games. I am up in the twin cities right now and the girls are very friendly here. Girls in Chicago have become very business-like with the guys.

:D

#38     Nov 12, 2008
  9. Mecro

Mecro

Reading comprehension is vital. Try it. Never said or agree that NYC will be dead. In fact, and you can write this down, NYC will actually be pretty good in comparison to most after some real serious sh*t happens to this world. It will get worse, much worse, before it gets better however.

But the illussion it has been living in for the last few years can be kissed good bye. And good riddance, IMO.

#39     Nov 12, 2008
  10. Don't you remember my complaining about how depressing it felt on madison last week?! Sure, people are buying $15 burgers but no one is spending serious cash... this is how it starts, dear.

#40     Nov 12, 2008