New York is Dead

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by sammybea, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Interesting Surdo. Back in 92-93 I lived on 63rd between Madison and Park (across from the Post House) until the roof of my building caved in-I kid you not-and then moved to 79th and 1st. I really miss walking around there!! When I look at today's prices they just BLOW ME AWAY!

#21     Nov 12, 2008

2. my office is 10019. i am in there almost everyday, still need to stand in line at the burger joint, cipriani's is always packed, shoppers are everywhere, and the oak room is about to reopen at the plaza. Not sure what I am missing, but I just don't see the hard times yet.....

surf

#22     Nov 12, 2008

3. hey, tell me it aint so!

that ain't you, is it?

nahhhh

#23     Nov 12, 2008
  4. May I ask exactly what you do in your office, and who else works there? (Specifically, I'm interested to know what they do rather than who they are.) Serious question.

#24     Nov 12, 2008
  5. Merco, not sure what "HOT SPOTS" you'r at but my mates own two, Crobar and Pacha. Both Spots are packed non-stop end to end every weekend and on certain weeknights with 40 to 50 bucks a cover.

Sure, there are some spots that might fall off. Rent is still high, overall property values are still hanging in there.

What is dead is the "STOCK MARKET". The Investment banks killed themselfs, the public is moving out of the "Market" fast and I expect a decade of avoidence towards any part of the US Stock Market in Equities.

The damage is done and can not, will not be reversed.

But plenty of opportunity in Hard Assets, Bonds, and entertainment.

Over all, the TAX INCREASES by the idiot mayor will kill the middle class that is hanging on by a thread, trying to live in Manhattan.

Nevertheless, I'm in NYC often and things are still moving along as normal.

Yes unemployment will rise in every city but DEATH to NYC is not going to happen.

#25     Nov 12, 2008
  6. Unemployment is just beginning to rise.

#26     Nov 12, 2008

7. I am in town almost daily. everywhere I go is packed with people still spending mad money. not sure where you are talking about, sorry...

surf

#27     Nov 12, 2008
  8. You drive 2 hours everyday from Bryn Mawr to Manhattan?

#28     Nov 12, 2008

9. Use to--- have a residence here now.

surf

#29     Nov 12, 2008
  10. I enjoyed Manhattan but the girls were quite stiff.

#30     Nov 12, 2008