New York Flu vs CV

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by southall, Apr 18, 2020.

1. southall

southall

I just looked up this stat :(:

New York State Average Flu deaths per year: 4,500

New York State current CV deaths: 15,000, with 8.5 months of the year still to go.

In NYC: 2000 people die of Flu every year on average, Currently 9000 CV deaths.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    VPhantom, noddyboy, zdreg and 2 others like this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

You need to ask yourself a question...

How many New Yorkers (or anyone) has been tested for the flu, if they had previously tested negative for COVID, and then died? Are we keeping track of all these stats through the COVID panic?

3. apdxyk

apdxyk

I can imagine all the rent-control vacancies and bribes to be made...

4. toc

toc

Then there is a "tall man with a big ass" in DC wanting to reopen the cities from lockdown claiming absolute authority to do so............to get reelected.

comagnum and Lou Friedman like this.
  5. Metamega

Metamega

With him enticing protests in many states theirs no going back now. Tell them to take their freedom back and when this ravages through you can’t tell everyone to quarantine now. Basically encouraging civil disobedience.

Really interesting to watch being north of the border.

comagnum, toc and wrbtrader like this.
  6. gaussian

gaussian

People need jobs. As it turns out the industries most hit by this employ the most people. Unemployment coffers will be dry soon and welfare will not be able to keep up. Social security is next on the list. The choices are simple:

1. Open up the country, risk increasing infections until 50-70% herd immunity is reached.
    2. Keep country closed, raise the national debt by 20 trillion per year until this is solved (the proposed progressive solution of ~2,000 for each American per month until this is over).

There's only one choice. Money isn't free. The people protesting see this. They're only being lambasted by the media because the opposite of Trump securing re-election by promoting civil disobedience, the other side is painting them like idiots because the "money printer go brrrr" strategy is perfect to bring in global government. It's gone from a strategy of safety to a strategy of big government control over commerce. Democrats are using this as a way to show big government is better by protecting people from the specter of a disease, Republicans are using this to show how big government is crushing small business (which it is, literally).

I'm on record here promoting quarantine. I've recently changed my stance to something more reasonable as the current situation has become more unreasonable. We need measured openings of all businesses. If and only if the business can operate in such a way it can (1) limit capacity to 1/4 the maximum determined by the fire marshall, (2) have a method to prevent queuing in a dangerous manner, and (3) provide minimum PPE to employees until the curve slows down (masks, gloves), then should it be allowed to open immediately. You will find at least half of "non-essential" businesses can actually open safely. Really makes you wonder why the pro-big-government authoritarians and progressives are so aggressively pushing keeping things locked down. I'll tell you the secret: it's not the fear of the virus.

Jeff1228, zdreg, Turveyd and 2 others like this.
  7. Wake up dumb shit.
    Trump said it was up to each state to decide when and how to open.
    Turn off CNN for a few minutes.

apdxyk and clacy like this.
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I bet the naysayers still stuck on the belief that Covid-19 is just like the flu and still can't understand that there's still +8 months to go in the year.

wrbtrader

9. southall

southall

This wave might top out at around 25,000 deaths for the State by end of the next month.
    But there could another big wave in the fall if a vaccine hasnt been found by then.

10. Overnight

Overnight

Mreh.

1) Maximum capacity determined by the fire marshal has nothing to do with virii...

2) Prevent queuing in a dangerous manner? Just don't queue! Oy!

3) The longer we take to slow the curve, the longer the curve will take to slow. It's basic Oy!

LIke 6 weeks ago, some reporter or whomever was blasted for his "insensitive" idea that the only way to get this done with the least amount of damage was to get it all done at once.

Because EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS PLANET is going to get the virus, eventually. That is a known FACT. It is just a matter of time as to the why and when.

And before people sit there and poo-poo this idea...They be all like, well, the headhuters in Borneo will never get it...

Well, guess what. When one of them does, they will then spread it around to everyone else as our immunity to the thing wears off. This one is a game-changer.

Because unlike Influenza-A, THIS fucking thing was hyped so hard and so fast by the world that it will never be lived-down. Anyone ever hear of the state of being psychosomatic? Social media fucked us at the drive-thru on this one. We will have people infected with the thing, even when they are totally healthy. WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH!

#10     Apr 18, 2020
    LacesOut likes this.