new york city real estate price erosion

Discussion in 'Economics' started by the gardner, Feb 4, 2008.

1. That would start WWIII or at the very least turn large portions of the middle east into a nuclear wasteland.

I doubt anyone will stop buying in Manhattan for fear of an attack on Indian Point.

#31     Feb 12, 2008
  2. S2007S

S2007S

exactly right....

#32     Feb 12, 2008
  3. the greatest threat to nyc real estate is terrorism... to have most of your money in an asset located in nyc is really not a very good idea

--------------------

Trump wrote a book, "America we Deserve", he addressed terrorism in his book and this was in 2000. He was very concerned about terrorism in nyc. Secondly, NYPD has men stationed around the world, what I find interesting about this, is the fact NYC obviously believes the US Govt can't protect the city.

#33     Feb 12, 2008
  4. Vienna

Vienna

Bullshit.
    There has been very little built in the last 10 years. Manhattan is an island, with no room to go. One of my clients is a top real estate guy. He felt that even Harry Macklowe was not really in trouble (notwithstanding his huge loans coming due in February) and that Harry would be allright again in a couple of years time. Manhattan will just become like Tokio, where middle managment can not afford to live anymore, only top managment.
    It's a bit like Greenwich, CT. Another client's of mine neighbor in Greenwich' s salary last year was 500 million USD- a hedge fund manager. Do you think that town will suffer a housing downturn? I don't.

#34     Feb 12, 2008
  5. nyc the hamptons and conn are all soft and will get softer ...go to radarlogic.com and see for yourself .....

yes nyc is an island but it sits in the centre of an economic ocean called the united states ...and it is from that ocean that it draws its strength or weakness

people who live on islands need to be ready for a tsunami
    the last real tsunami to hit nyc was in the mid 70es

if i were you i would find a life jacket and put it on

g

#35     Feb 13, 2008
  6. maria b did not seem to happy with her latest guest who commented on nyc real estate values

it was noted

nyc bonuses flat to down this year

wall st is 50 percent of nyc economy....getting crushed massive layoffs on the horizon....closing in now

goldmans stock price recently.....173 today

hedge funds masking subprime losses....

lehman in trouble ...ubs merril and boa writedowns looming

vacant space on the rise...office space

etc etc etc

she maria sounded like some of you on this thread ....she changed the subject quickly .....she did not like what she was listening too...the truth hurts

g

#36     Feb 19, 2008
  7. Man I am glad you are not a realtor, nuclear war is usually not a selling point. By the way if this happens you think anyone will worry about real estate. I will be looking for the J man on the horizon. Now let's get real.

#37     Feb 19, 2008
  8. What's the best method to short sell NYC real estate?

I'm sure there must be some real estate companies ( REITS maybe?) with massive exposure to NYC. ( I'm a short term trader. I use tape reading and don't have a clue what fundamentals to look for. )

#38     Feb 19, 2008
  9. short sl green or vornado

or leh gs mer the i banks

#39     Feb 19, 2008
  10. your spelling is painful

#40     Feb 19, 2008