New Year’s Resolution: Minimum 6-Month “Sabbatical” from ET

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thunderdog, Dec 21, 2006.

1. HeHe :)

#31     Dec 27, 2006
  2. I think that I will join you. Check out the following passage from pages 202-203 of Hedgehogging:

"A recent study of 1,000 adults by the University of London found that habitual e-mailing [or ET posting] and text messaging reduces intelligence and intellectual productivity more than being a regular pot smoker... The study found that the average reduction of intelligence was 10 IQ points compared to 4 points from smoking cannabis in the office. A loss of 10 points is associated with missing a night's sleep. Of course all three are temporary. The other fascinating finding was that women are less affected than men. The average IQ decline for women from e-mail addiction was 5 points wheareas for men it was 15. In other words, women are much better at multitasking."

#32     Dec 27, 2006
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Please get over yourself.

#33     Jan 2, 2007
  4. Well, I'm bored so I'm back. The sabbatical was a good idea, but perhaps the idea of 6 months was a tad excessive. Regardless, I do hope to show a bit more restraint in the quantity of my posting going forward.

And so it goes...

#34     Mar 7, 2007
  5. Welcome back dog...a lot of us enjoy your commentary and insight :D

#35     Mar 8, 2007
  6. Thank you for the sentiment. I don't know about the "insight" part, but I'm never short on commentary.

#36     Mar 9, 2007
  7. The crack pipe was calling you back.... You can't quit us... We are your Hal 2000

#37     Mar 9, 2007
  8. Your comment to T-Dog is pretty funny in light of the thread you started on scaling out!! Over there you're telling everyone that you know how their systems should be designed and you know the best way for them to execute their trades, no matter what their strategy, and you're attempting to maintain your position in the face of withering evidence to the contrary, kind of like you don't care about the facts, and you're just going to put your fingers in your ears and say 'I can't hear you'.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78975

A bit like the pot calling the kettle black, wouldn't you say?

Please get over yourself, man, and maybe try some community service.

#38     Mar 9, 2007
  9. Welcome back Thunderbore, er, Thunderboor. I wholeheartedly agree with the above sentiment. Nice to see you were able to fully reinflate with hot air.

#39     Mar 10, 2007
  10. For someone who evidently dislikes me, you certainly follow me around a lot. True, there are a few people here at ET with whom I regularly have a bone to pick. However, I usually reserve my posts for criticism of actual content (unless, perhaps, I have been gratuitously flamed). You, however, seem to be perfectly at home provoking ire for its own sake. Hmm. Why do I have the ominous feeling that you will one day present yourself at my doorstep with a box of candy and a wrist corsage? While your attention is indeed quite flattering, I think the time is ripe for me to advise you that I don't swing that way. Happy trails.

#40     Mar 12, 2007