New Year’s Resolution: Minimum 6-Month “Sabbatical” from ET

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thunderdog, Dec 21, 2006.

1. You're right. It is only a message board. But time and again, I find myself being drawn into an exchange to the detriment of my trading. Even outside of market hours, I should be doing other stuff. I like ET and it serves a useful purpose (from time to time), but as I have noted in my first post, it has an addictive quality for me at this time. This is a bit surprising and unsettling because, as I also mentioned, I do not otherwise have an addictive nature. So I would do well to nip this thing in the bud (if you can actually call over 3,000 posts a "bud"). I do plan to return. I just think it would be healthy for me to create a bit of distance at this point. Heck, even writing this feels a bit therapeutic.

#21     Dec 22, 2006
  2. Good thinking TD. I think I'll do the same as yours for 2007. See you guys then.

Merry Xmas to all! :)

#22     Dec 22, 2006
  3. Hmmm. It seems that my thread has been moved to Chit Chat from the Psychology forum even though the motivation for my sabbatical is largely psychological and in relation to my trading. Go figure.

In any event, it seems a bit odd to linger now that I have resolved to leave for a while. With that in mind, let's get the show on the road! Thunderdog is signing off and leaving the building.

I wish you all Happy Holidays, a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

Over and out.

#23     Dec 22, 2006
  4. I'm sorry you won't be reading this post but you turned off your pm so just want to say best to you and your wit and humor will be sorely missed by me. PS I had my 1st grandchild born in a blizzard...what a Christmas this will be :)

#24     Dec 22, 2006
  5. I agree, his humor and wit will be missed.

Congrats on your new grandchild !!

#25     Dec 22, 2006
  6. ET has helped me immensley. Why would I want to turn my trading room off?

Thunderdog...Taking a break might be personal for you and I cannot critisize that...what right would I have?...

But I think you are shooting yourself in the foot to isolate yourself...

Whatever you decide...I wish you the best and I have fond memories of our discussions...

Not only are you cheating yourself...you are cheating us...

Michael B.

#26     Dec 22, 2006
  7. Lol.:D
    Ive been trying to leave since i got here:(

But then , i do have an addictive personality. And no life:p Bad mix..........

Have a great , ET free xmas, thunderdog:cool:

#27     Dec 22, 2006
  8. ET replaces the room full of antisocial misanthropes cursing the screen and blowing good money on foolhardy trades, that we stay at home traders miss.

How you gonna get that fix?

#28     Dec 23, 2006
  9. Roughly only once a year for me - around yearend. :D

#29     Dec 27, 2006

10. I think you should worry once you have more than 12000 posts....

You can see what is happening to michael, can't ya ?

:D

#30     Dec 27, 2006