New Year’s Resolution: Minimum 6-Month “Sabbatical” from ET

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thunderdog, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Hard to say. I visit it frequently during the trading day and also with some regularity outside of trading hours when I should either be away from the computer or doing more productive work on it.

#11     Dec 21, 2006
  2. Thanks, hombre. I wish you the best as well.

#12     Dec 21, 2006
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

yeah, chance is you might miss the thread that catapults you to the other side.

#13     Dec 21, 2006
  4. volente_00

volente_00

Say it ain't so dog. Who will I argue with if you leave ?

:p

Sabbaticals are reserved for those who believe in theism.

In my own experience, the less time you spend on here, the better your trading will become. I think many of us post on here out of sheer boredom.

#14     Dec 21, 2006
  5. A post to memorialize that you wish to not post? Too funny

:D

#15     Dec 21, 2006
  6. Not a shocker.

#16     Dec 21, 2006
  7. Best of luck with your resolution. If you do buckle, don't set up a new alias. Even if nobody found out, that would be pretty pathetic. Just start posting with the same account. The people who would give you shit aren't worth much anyways.

#17     Dec 21, 2006
  8. Thunderdog, don't do it.

Don't quit cold turkey. You might get the shakes and make bad trades.

Perhaps set aside a certain amount of time each day or week to do your ETing and adhere to that alotted time. That way you will get your fix, but won't OD.

#18     Dec 21, 2006
  9. T-dog,
    If ya don't mind me saying so, quitting ET is the wrong goal.
    The problem many have is that they have nothing better to do with their time inbetween trades than to surf ET. And then ET becomes bigger than what it is. It's only a message board!

If you have time on your hands between trades, fill that time with something interesting, a hobby or maybe another money making project, whatever.

I think you'll find that ET is just not that important or fulfilling.

I personally work on my other more interesting business. When I get bored with that and still no setups to trade, I do a little relief carving. I'm not very good at it, but it keeps my hands and mind busy while waiting for the prey to stumble into my trap.

#19     Dec 21, 2006
  10. Sulong. As a scalper, I have another suggestion. When the market slows down, increase your attentiveness and tune your indicators and intuition to see how SMALL a move you can trade profitably. I find that when I watch during the most boring times, I learn the most. Also, you're alert when those by now inevitable mid-doldrums moves occur. Mike.

#20     Dec 22, 2006