New, Wondering about Brokers?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by GSD, Jul 13, 2012.

1. siki13

siki13

Only improvement ?
    0.7 pip spread is not going to be rounddown() to 0.5 ?

#21     May 26, 2013
  2. I do not believe those statistics as there are many countries where forex is not even authorized and traders from those countries are trading. Are those counted in the statistics.

#22     May 26, 2013
  3. I trade spot forex with ib, and I get price improvement all the time

I think their minimum is 10k

If they raised it to 20k you would see better than 43% profitable

back in the old days, a meat trader on the merc understood that the min was 32k

who knows what it is today?

#23     May 26, 2013
  4. def: that would be interesting. Is it enough to only make a single FX trade per quarter to qualify? And i assume only PnL from 'real' fx trades is used to calculate profitability, and not FX pnl on foreign stock trades? What about XAU spot trades? Personally i find it moot to distinguish - someone who trades foreign securities has fx risk just like someone who trades fx outright.

#24     May 26, 2013
  5. that is in a 3 month period , if they would take 1year, it would go down under 10 % . nah , better 5 %

#25     May 27, 2013
  6. Why is that quarter 8X better than the full year would be?

#26     May 27, 2013
  7. MrN

MrN

Def,

could you refer me to any material on who the counter-parties are on IB's forex platform? Never done much with it because I feel exchange traded products are safer.

#27     May 27, 2013
  8. because the more time passes, the more trades are made, the more spread and comissions eat into your account

#28     May 28, 2013
  9. def

def Sponsor

The criteria for reporting is slightly retail focused as accounts that declare a net worth greater than $10 million are excluded. Trades that are included need to be leveraged as well. I'm not sure about how many trades must take place but I would have to believe that the vast majority of our clients trading FX are active.

Also of note is that we are a multi-currency, multi-asset brokerage and we also have a substantial number of clients performing FX trades each month (and some quite actively) who are excluded from the report as they do not fit into the above criteria.

I'm not sure I'm at liberty to release names but when I've done trades I see the counter-parties in the execution reports. There are over 10 liquidity providers, most of which are major money center banks.

Your counter-party though in terms of credit risk is IB and thus you don't have exposure to the entity or person on the other side of your trade.

#29     May 28, 2013
  10. and since most people do not have an edge , the account slowly but surely goes down

#30     May 28, 2013