New Version of Ninja Trader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by laocoon, Nov 7, 2005.

1. NT4 --- only 4.5M with one SuperDom :)

#11     Nov 9, 2005
  2. laocoon

laocoon

Well, to be precise:

I run NT.4 with 3 DOMs and the Task Manager shows 27'000K.

The same Setup on NT.5 uses 49'000K....

#12     Nov 9, 2005
  3. and NT5 with similar memory use for one superdom only.

#13     Nov 9, 2005
  4. laocoon

laocoon

Now this is really interesting....how is that possible?

Ray, could you comment on that?

Thanks

#14     Nov 9, 2005
  5. laocoon

laocoon

So, Kiwi....tell me your secret please :cool:

#15     Nov 9, 2005
  6. laocoon

laocoon

Do you still experience the speed degradation? I do....and it would be interesting to see if there's more V.5 users with the same problem.

#16     Nov 9, 2005
  7. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

I haven't done any trading with V5 of Ninjatrader yet, so I can't comment on the memory issue.

One thing I am wondering about is why Ninjatrader decided to increase the size of its SuperDom window? I sometimes trade off a laptop so the added space taken up by the Superdom is sort of a nuisance. The time taken to move my mouse cursor to another price in the window takes up added time, (granted its only about a milli-second), but when you're daytrading, time is of the essence.

Anyway, maybe Ninjatrader could resort back to the V4 SuperDom size window.

#17     Nov 9, 2005
  8. laocoon

laocoon

The best solution would be to allow to resize it....like in V.4

#18     Nov 9, 2005
  9. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

I sometimes trade with my 17in Dell Inspiron 9300 with the resolutions set at 1920 X 1440. This laptop has the widescreen display.

The V5 SuperDom window is larger than the V4 window on this laptop, but I'm sure I can live with it. I haven't tried stacking the V5 window vs. the V4 window on my desktop yet to see how they compare.

Overall I really like the Ninjatrader platform. Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

#19     Nov 9, 2005
  10. laocoon

laocoon

I have tried the V.5 on 3 different computers with different resolutions and the new DOM is always a lot bigger....this really is an issue....(especially because there is no added information/functionality in the new DOM to justify the bigger size), it really is a considerable waste of screen real estate (I work with 3 DOM windows, which of course amplifies the problem)

#20     Nov 9, 2005