New US Law: 30% tax on outgoing capital flows

Discussion in 'Economics' started by kxvid, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Daal

Daal

The IRS is out of control

#11     Apr 1, 2010
  2. Bob111

Bob111

exactly.slowly, but surely US citizens became slaves with no place to run or hide..the borders are closed, you can't travel to a canada with just a driver license and it's takes forever to get your travel passport

#12     Apr 1, 2010
  3. cstfx

cstfx

It takes less than 2 weeks in many cases. I just got one for my 3 month old son and had it in my hands within 13 calendar days (w/o paying for rush processing). Previously for another child, took 1 week with rush processing (2008).

#13     Apr 1, 2010
  4. Lethn

Lethn

I'm no fan of this bullshit beauracracy monster we're ALL having to deal with these days either but for fucks sake I'm getting sick of the retards who don't fact check what they say. Wish more people like you were on these forums cstfx because these right wing nutters piss me off and I'm very much a Libertarian.

#14     Apr 1, 2010
  5. "Capital controls"? Bureaucratic heavy-handed disclosure rules, yes. But that isn't capital controls. From what I see, there are no restrictions there on taking money out of the USA. There is no unilateral withholding tax increase. They are being heavy-handed in trying to stop tax evasion by US citizens. They are not even taxing foreign or domestic capital on exit from the USA, let along outlawing it.

So why the capital controls headline? Unless I've missed something, it looks like more poorly-checked hyperbolic attention seeking from Zerohedge, which is becoming more and more like a conspiracy-theory obsessed rumour mill, and less a place of genuine financial reporting, as each day goes by.

#15     Apr 1, 2010
  6. Move and store Gold safely overseas.

#16     Apr 1, 2010