New Trading System - Input Please.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scubasid, May 1, 2020.

1. Use a virtual server which is close to the exchange. Run your program from that server, not from your home computer. There are actually specialized companies which offer this with a focus on low latency for trading.

#51     May 29, 2020
    apdxyk likes this.
  2. p0box4

p0box4

For automated or manual trading? If for manual it will probably make little difference.

#52     May 29, 2020
  3. Automated of course. I am thinking about the virtual server too. Thanks.

#53     May 29, 2020
  4. The discussion was about a trading strategy resembling HFT. I didn't consider that such a strategy would be possible with manual trading.
    With any manual trading strategy you won't be able to overcome the physical distance between the exchange data center and the location of the trader.

#54     May 29, 2020
  5. THANKS to every one who commented on my Question on a system to get. Finally got it a week ago and its Fabulous. Every one's feedback had me looking left and right and doing loads of research. So I ended up with a i-7 10700 CPU which is 8 core 16 thread and it came with 8 GB of DDR4 2933 RAM with Win 10 PRO with a few other ancillary things in it that are irrelevant to my needs . System from DELL was under $700 BRAND NEW one yr Warranty. I priced out the CPU was $349 + WIN 10 was $125. that was $225 away from my sales price even before I would have put in a Mother Board, Ram, Hard Drive, Case, Power Supply and the time to put it together. ( I Did bump the Ram up to 32 GB for $150. ) So now when my system is up and running and the BELL rings at 9:30am it is barely nudging the needle - Showing 10% CPU use and only 22% Memory Use., Fast loads real fast Charts updates. So Thanks to every ones insight and time answering my ?'s... Happy Trading.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    #55     Aug 6, 2020
    HobbyTrading and apdxyk like this.
  6. userque

userque

First, I read the "8G ram"; and I was saddened. Then I saw this:

and big smiled!

Congrats!

EDIT: Did you get solid state drives?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    #56     Aug 6, 2020
    Overnight likes this.
  7. YEP Got Solid State Drive, it was running at 66% Memory with only the 8 Ram , which I figured all along and got the 32 GB from Kingston Runs like a Dear ...Thanks

#57     Aug 6, 2020
    userque likes this.
  8. Huyang

Huyang

Gekko: would you please share the picture of your system and the purchase link at Dell.com? Thank you.

#58     Aug 11, 2020
  9. #59     Aug 13, 2020
  10. Huyang

Huyang

#60     Aug 13, 2020