New Trading Hours - Impossible to Understand!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by trainee2006, Jan 10, 2008.

1. I honestly can't make heads or tails of this notice from the CME.

I am a newbie but I can't believe I'm having such a difficult time understanding this... Can someone translate this into plain English

one trading hour? 3:30 PM to 4:30 pm? or is this the shut down period. No, wait! shut down period is 4:30 to 5:00. but wait... if that's the shut down period then what's going on 3:30 to 4:30?

I just don't get it! I sent the CME help desk an email. Let's see if they respond.

[​IMG]

Complete web page here:
    http://snurl.com/1x284

2. EricP

EricP

Looks to me that the trading day 'ends' at 3:15 PM. In other words, if you make a trade anytime up to 3:15 PM on a Tuesday, then it will close on Tuesday.

Then, they have a 15 minute period of downtime, and at 3:30 PM on Tuesday, for example, they will open the trading for the start of the Wednesday session (which will run from 3:30 PM Tuesday until 3:15 PM Wednesday, with a 30 minute period of daily downtime from 4:30 to 5 PM).

That's how it reads to me. Best of luck.

3. looks exactly like the trading hours for the es.

4. thats CST not EST correct ?

:)

5. SethArb:

They don't specify anywhere on the web page whether its EST or CST.

6. Since the CME is Chicago based, the info the site is posted in CST if I am not mistaken. They should have some sort of label somewhere telling you that though.

I agree about the confusion though... some of the CME webpages have a little to be desired.

7. Surdo

Surdo

Correct....all hours at CME/CBOT are Central.