New Trading Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ElectricSavant, Jul 26, 2003.

1. do you want to do?

What should I do....some of you techies help this ES trader out. I use my computers for Squawk Box, Chat Room, Investor R/T with e-sig data feed and J-trader and PalTalk. I use a separate computer for Internet and Sqawk box. All this on a router with cable.

This reminds me of the joke about the wildlife officer catching the guy dynamiting fish. When the ranger tells the guy he's breaking the law, the guy hands him a lighted stick of dynamite and asks him if he's going to write tickets or fish?

All of your stuff is just background for your story: Electric Savant, Trader. My thought is, get on with the trading part. Just look how much time FPC has to spare!

Bruce

#11     Jul 26, 2003
  2. I've built three PCs to begin this new life as a daytrader and I was by no means a computer geek in the former life.

DB thanks for your info, I bookmarked that site, in case I go that way. I have not decided yet. If I do, I wish I could do it together with someone. I am conservative when it comes to this, as this is a trading tool which I make my living with.

I am in no hurry, but I would like to get my direction and then start. That Sony Vaio was awesome. I like the resolution of 1600x1200 with the keyboard and notebook case setting on my desk! Have you seen three Notebooks setting side by side all with their own processors using the cable router. I have got this modern glass desk and it feels good to come to work...(he he office across from my bedroom about 10 feet away). Those Notebooks are functional, practical and just good looking.

They all have there own keyboards and if one crashes the back-ups are on the other one. If the cable goes down I got DSL too. I want to get that special router that shares the 2 connections and seamlessly connects to the available one if one goes down. (nextland is the company I think).

I am hoping for others to contribute here so that I can be more decisive. Thanks for the help so far.....keep it coming...I will know when it is right.

Michael B.

#12     Jul 26, 2003
  3. LMAO! :D

#13     Jul 26, 2003
  4. just buy ANY POS 'puter! whatever you buy aint gonna make one freakin diff BRO!@

aint worth the ahh gone ee.

5 yrs from now and six chip later you'll be asking same lame ques's. :p

#14     Jul 26, 2003
  5. Yeah your right.....its been a long time since I have had nothing to say.....

Michael B.

P.S. come on FPC let me have it!!!!

#15     Jul 26, 2003
  6. Is this the hardware forum....I almost forgot....

Michael B.

#16     Jul 26, 2003
  7. Glad you took that the right way. I'm gonna be seeing you all later.

Bruce:p

#17     Jul 26, 2003
  8. it doesnt matter..

BUY WHATEVER!

just dont pay
    too much!

and do it agin 2 yrs from now.

you think your gonna notice any diff??

heh.

aint worth getting your pantyhose in a knot..
    eom.

#18     Jul 26, 2003
  9. Well, I do a lot with Investor R/T and I notice that when I use tick charts...the processor in my PC gets maxed out....Its time to upgrade and it was probably a good thing that that old pentium 2 broke. I will probably repair it and use it for chat.

The new computers today, are more than capable to use as tools to trade with, agreed. But I do study many things with Investor R/T that might require more robust power.

Michael B.

#19     Jul 26, 2003
  10. oh well in that case perhaps you need a main frame/

http://www.cray.com/supercomputing/:p

#20     Jul 26, 2003