New Tradestation threshold for free data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by palward, Nov 4, 2005.

1. mmillar

mmillar

Have you looked at NeoTicker?

#21     Nov 10, 2005
  2. mmillar

mmillar

My understanding (though I accept I may be wrong) is that this plan starts on 1st December and TS usually go back a month i.e. if you've done 10 round-trips in November then you wont pay for December.

#22     Nov 10, 2005
  3. Bzzt...close but no donut. :D

See JohnBr's (from TS) post (the second one).

https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic_Archive.aspx?Topic_ID=34428

If you can only access the data at the minute grain, then its a minute. I don't know how this can be any simpler? :confused:

I checked out Neoticker a while back. I use feeds from multiple brokers/providers with custom apps written in C++ and Java.

#23     Nov 10, 2005

4. Either way, it seem to be a great deal. Now if they could link all accounts together, and have an ACH for deposits and withdrawals they would be kicking some IB butt.

#24     Nov 10, 2005
  5. The data in stored in cache , but how do you backup the data, is there a specific file you can backup and then just copy back in case of file corruption ?

Thanks

#25     Nov 10, 2005
  6. mmillar

mmillar

Ding dong! Donuts, pretzels and beer for me. Salad for you. :p

Second post...

https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Result=1&Topic_ID=28793

:D

#26     Nov 10, 2005
  7. Just say no to portliness! :D

Since no-one outside of TS can verify this, I have a hard time believing Andrew's "Ohh yeah, we store it locally as such... but it ain't available to you plebs" response.

As hard a time as believing their "All lights are green" network status page :D :D :D

What can I say, those guys "have form".
    All it boils down is this, as a user of TS you can't access data down to the second level for sh**.

BTW, the T&S window that he is referring to in the last post, I do not believe this uses the cache - at least not in the same way. Sometimes when the charting freezes, only the T&S and quotes windows are being updated. There have been some posts about this recently - this has been a problem for years!

This means that if you trade like chart monkey, you need at least a backup feed when the freezes occur.

#27     Nov 10, 2005
  8. C:\Program Files\Tradestation8.x (Build 1234)\Program\Cache

back up the above directory (change the x and build number to what you have installed of course).

HTH.

#28     Nov 10, 2005
  9. I agree, if TS could let me place all my money in one account and trade the options and futures I would move more money there. Lesser brokers such as OX and ToS treat it all as one account and do the money sweeps behind the scenes for you.

#29     Nov 10, 2005
  10. Surdo

Surdo

Has anybody responded from TS yet on the date this is in effect?
    Nobody responded on their message board yet.

#30     Nov 10, 2005