New tradergod new journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by padutrader, May 15, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

the fact is there is no easy way to really succeed in trading,there is always risk ,and unless that can be measured no one can really excel.
    trading small is the only way but then the reward is also small so capital is also critical.
    it is extremely difficult

#41     May 16, 2018
  2. volpri

volpri

Sour bobby

#42     May 16, 2018
  3. volpri

volpri

sweet bobby

#43     May 16, 2018
  4. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

LOOL :D

#44     May 16, 2018
  5. padutrader

padutrader

long eurusd i am trading monthly time frame now.....you can see it says M1 d14.png

#45     May 16, 2018
  6. I see some potential issues here. I do think this is a great example as someone else stated. Just some ideas

Issue 1: too many time frames. I’d say pick one and go with it. Perhaps I can see trading daily and weekly.
    5 min and 15 minute. But going all the way from 5 minutes to 1 month is a lot of time frames. I fight this fight too. Just try not to master too many time frames.

Issue 2 small time frames are hard in forex. Assume a 2 pip spread, this means 4 pips is gone on order execution. So if you’re trading for 20 pips with a stop of 10 pips you’re already -4 you need 24 to get 20 and -6 to hit 10.

Issue 3 undercaptitilization. Maybe you’ve thought of this already. Since you have a small account I would Consider a different method of how much to risk on the trade vs allocating let’s say 1-2% to risk. The risk would go as follows. So how much can you fund your account per week. Let use an example of $50 so if you can contribute $50 per week I’d say you figure out how many trades you average and risk $50 per week. If you can contribute $100 per week risk $100. But what this will do is prevent a drawdown to your small account size. Weeks you hit max loss after deposit you’ll be back at even. Weeks you do better your account will grow.

I’ll going to follow this too. Rooting for you.

#46     May 16, 2018
    padutrader likes this.
  7. padutrader

padutrader

you are sweetfxbeachbum...:D
    actually that is one minute time frame

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    #47     May 16, 2018
  8. padutrader

padutrader

closed eurusd long trade for ten pips d15.png

#48     May 16, 2018
  9. padutrader

padutrader

i went long eurusd but did not post because i was a bit worried of the comments it might bring d16.png

#49     May 16, 2018
  10. padutrader

padutrader

closed eurusd long for 5 pips d17.png

#50     May 16, 2018