New Trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by New_Trader01, Mar 6, 2002.

1. This question is coming up more and more since the demise of most of the "salaried" trader positions. If you have 3 years experience, did you make money, if you did, then put up some and start your own "business" - keep 100% of your profits, don't get locked in to some silly contract, and concentrate on trading.

If you didn't do well, why would any firm want to "hire" you. (Not being negative, just trying to show you what it's like from our side).

#11     Mar 30, 2002
  2. quot from Don Bright

"This question is coming up more and more since the demise of most of the "salaried" trader positions. If you have 3 years experience, did you make money, if you did, then put up some and start your own "business" - keep 100% of your profits, don't get locked in to some silly contract, and concentrate on trading. "

Don, I have to disagree with you on that point. Trading your own money is different than trading other's money. It's much easier to accept loss and be dicipline (hence be a better trader) with 'other's people money' than with your own.

I think the hard part to get into a prop trading firm is to have a good track record, a good P/L sheets. No SERIOUS prop trading firms will hire an inexperience trader.... if they do... be careful, I don't think their main motivation is to allow you to get some experiences.... but then I may be wrong (in that case, I will retract all what I've just posted). :)

Cheers! Spring is here!!! :cool:

#12     Mar 30, 2002