New Trader Trainee- Advice on Firms

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Thrilla_14, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Carlin group sounded interesting. I don't live in NY, but they were very friendly when I e-mailed them. Seems like they have nice training.

That is just a first impression though. Seemed like they were very professional and have their own platform.

Who knows?

#11     May 5, 2006
  2. If you put up 5K, you get a better payout right away than if you come in strictly prop (zero money up).

#12     May 5, 2006
  3. Hello,

I have a question to ask FaderTrader. I notice you talked about of a trader running late and didn't really mattered at the time you were trading with Chimera Capital, "I saw one arrive at my firm yesterday at 9am jumping out of his dad's dry cleaning van (seriously) and running up like it actually mattered that he was late".

What I don't understand is on their site (http://chimeracapital.com/faq.html) under FAQ's one of the questions is "What hours do Chimera's employee work" and they said are M-F from 8:30am - 5:00pm. So like any job, the employer expect you to be there on time. Can you please explain why it didn't mattered if the trader came late? I'm new here and trying to understand more on prop shop.

#13     Jul 31, 2006
  4. Test

#14     Aug 1, 2006
  5. Urkel

Urkel

lol. btw 1 year non compete is not long as well

#15     Aug 1, 2006
  6. I guess FaderTrader is no longer here on this post.

#16     Aug 9, 2006
  7. tcouvares

tcouvares

rofl...you think this guys a trader who couldn't make it.

let's see this information is just umm...WRONG.

First off the split at chimer is 30% you 70% them at first and in tier's upward. 2ndly, the ticket cost is .004 or 4$ per ticket...not 10.

2ndly, every parter trades.

3rd, no one has ever forced me in or out of a trade. However they do keep a limit on what you can do overnight eventually once you've proven some success you can make week and month long position plays.

Don't let people on forums affect your decision...that's ridiculous, he's clearly a disgruntled ex-employee.

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too, can become great."
    - Mark Twain

#17     Nov 22, 2008
  8. Surdo

Surdo

This thread is only 2 years old, who cares?
    ...and you are clearly a shill for Chimera!
    :D

#18     Nov 22, 2008
  9. optimus1

optimus1

Hi Everyone,

happy thanksgiving! Can you please tell me what you think of chimera and if it is a prop and chop shop as they call it?

I've been reading a lot about how props make money off your trading fees which they call chop props?

Thanks so much! Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I want to enjoy my holiday but am quite disappointed on the 2 year old posts on chimera and was wondering if there are any updates.

#19     Nov 27, 2008