New Trader trades

Discussion in 'Journals' started by wolfen, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Nice :)

#21     Feb 11, 2004
  2. wolfen

wolfen

Peterfig;

Thanks for your advice on working into large trades slowly. This particular trade was an exception to my normal parameters. I entered into this only as a 'snatch and grab' driven on the news of Fannie Mae becoming very friendly to financing mobile homes. Quite a few stocks popped on this news, and yeah I realize I got lucky !!!

#22     Feb 11, 2004
  3. wolfen

wolfen

Plum,

I believe you ae quite correct on using stops sooner than later! Thanks for the comments

#23     Feb 11, 2004
  4. Don't forget that you are the one that put yourself into the position to get lucky - way to go. Nice trade!!!

re:stops

They have kept me alive. Sometimes I get stopped out at low of move on longs and high of move on shorts only to watch the market move in favor of my (used to be) position.....grrrrrrr...

However, there have been enough times that my stop has been hit and I was entirely grateful that I was using the stop. Not to mention that my cash was free to initiate another position.

To me there's nothing worse than riding that old hope when a position goes against me. What can I say - these days I'm stingy...lol....Honor stop - get out - look for something better. :) or even get back in at a better price (minus commission of course)

#24     Feb 11, 2004
  5. V-Viper

V-Viper

I'm a new trader here as well, have a couple questions if you don't mind.

What tool do you use to scan and see TA for stocks?

Any books/sites you can recommend?

Thanks.

#25     Feb 11, 2004
  6. wolfen

wolfen

V-Viper,

I hate to 'cop out' on your request but I must. I came to this site much as you, somewhat a novice but with a deep desire to make it as a trader ... you can likely get a better story by reading all my posts.

I got a ton of negative crap from what I consider as losers and children, but also found a few people that actually know what they are doing!

I am very very green as a trader, I have only made three trades and have made serious mistakes even though they have worked out ok, so I am not the one to ask about what you seek in detail. For me, I am motivated and learning. I will forward via PM the member that really was instrumental in getting me off to a positive start.

I hope that is good enough, because I have not obtained the experience level to do more!

Good Trading to you Viper, I wish I could do more!

#26     Feb 12, 2004
  7. wolfen

wolfen

Bought 500 SNDK @ $50.18 10:51am

#27     Feb 17, 2004
  8. so far so good. I've got it at 51.88 at 2:17 EST....

#28     Feb 17, 2004
  9. wolfen

wolfen

Sold 500 SNDK @ $51.89 10:38am (02-18-04)

Proceeds of this trade are +$855.00 before commissions

#29     Feb 18, 2004
  10. wolfen

wolfen

OK folks, trying something new; yesterday I put on an options spread on MOT (Motorola), I bought $17 July calls and $18 July puts. Sorry for not getting the symbols here, but will try to figure out what is what and the prices tomorrow and post them.

We are having some fun now!!

#30     Mar 2, 2004