New Trader Tips

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by BigEasyRevenge, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Oh i forgot

Watch out for Goldman

#11     Apr 16, 2010
  2. Cheese

Cheese

Learn anything from you? No thanks.

Now focus on what I wrote, namely, commissions are incidental and a very small cost of success (not the commission costs of some alleged retail scalpers).
    :)

#12     Apr 16, 2010
  3. Cut losses quickly. Never let a profit turn into a loss. Never give back more than half a big profit.

#13     Apr 16, 2010
  4. Quote from Cheese:

Learn anything from you? No thanks.

Based on the post, I gather that you are not particularly interested in facts. It distinguishes the educated from those who like to post without thinking.

Now focus on what I wrote, namely, commissions are incidental and a very small cost of success (not the commission costs of some alleged retail scalpers).

Yes, it was wrong before and wrong again this time. Repeating erroers does not make them less so...

#14     Apr 17, 2010
  5. Cheese

Cheese

Sweet. You are so easily wrong and enjoy being wrong - sad.

But then again you have no professional or excutive background in this business. And you are too inexperienced and know little. Try fooling others.

#15     Apr 17, 2010
  6. I have been trading over 20 years and have worked a few years at major financial institutions. Your ideas would be roundly laughed at during entry-level trader interviews...

There is the cheese and there is the mouse. Give it a few years,
    and you might even make it to the level of cheese...

But don't blow out your holes trying to think of something else clueless to say. You are already on ignore, until you put in enough time to classify as paper trader.

#16     Apr 17, 2010
  7. patoo

patoo

I have been on this website long enough to see that we all have different ways of making and losing money. Each swears that the other can't be making money in the manner described.

What Cheese said works for me, but I don't put down Traderzones just because I don't understand why he said what he said.

The moral here is to learn your own way of trading. Be ready to spend a bunch of money learning. It cost me about 50K plus another 10k given to guru's. In my case using guru's was a big mistake.

Yes, most of the members here are probably just paper trading. They can be full of mis-information, but there is also valuable information on this website. Look for it.

#17     Apr 17, 2010
  8. Cheese

Cheese

You just don't have the necessary experience and background. And you spend your time trolling at ET. I have been a floor trader of an investment bank commission house in commodities and subsequently CEO when I built huge revenues.

Commissions are a small cost of success. And you are still not there yet.

I usually write posts having in mind the amateur with limited capital. ET is a quest for success and it is possible for an individual to learn and make himself rich.

#18     Apr 18, 2010
  9. you probably belong soley trading at www.Nadex.com for now...fixed risk

#19     Apr 18, 2010
  10. ammo

ammo

study til u see a setup, before you take that trade have an idea what will negate your setup and make you get out,what will be an agreeable area between what you see and what the market does for you to take a profit,don't trade til then,as time goes by you will recognize more and trade more,it will take time , lack of patience is every noobs weakness and will most likely cost you your 1st 2 or 3 small accts,not taking a trade because your not sure of the setup is the same as a winning trade,its one less loss you have to make up,so not trading , as boring and frustrating as you think this is,is a hard and necesary part of trading....as far as best demo or clearing firm in general, i suggest think or swim, great charts,u need a lot of data that the $5 round turn,futures only , houses, dont offer...my personal favorite for learning to read the market is market profile,you will learn it in 6 months using a pen and paper,you will learn it in 2 years using the computer generated graph

#20     Apr 18, 2010