New trader still learning/demo, very lonely, tried to talk to friends about it

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wtpWTP, Jan 4, 2018.

1. tomorton

tomorton

Well it must be from a Christmas cracker then.

#51     Jan 30, 2018
    wtpWTP likes this.
  2. ironchef

ironchef

You are so right. Many, myself included, thought we made money in the last few years because of our trading skills, until we looked at the return of SPY, then we realized we were just lucky. If you follow our (my) recipes chances are you will not succeed.

Regards,

#52     Jan 30, 2018
    wtpWTP likes this.
  3. ironchef

ironchef

Some of us are just born loners so don't feel too bad and accept it.

Actually trading is a fun challenge, like solving a puzzle, a math problem, money will follow when you successfully solve the riddles. The feeling of elation as you correctly judged the direction of the underlying when everyone else bet the opposite is priceless.:D

Good luck to you and I hope you will find peace and success in trading.

#53     Jan 30, 2018
    wtpWTP and userque like this.
  4. tomorton

tomorton

Don't write off your competence. Many people spent the last 8 years saying that stocks were over-expensive and the stock markets were due for a crash. They have been chasing reversals and shorting and shorting all through the bull market.

Its still a trader's skill to find a trend, follow it and keep your risk under limitations.

#54     Jan 31, 2018
    wtpWTP likes this.
  5. rvince99

rvince99

This too is v true! Also, spy had been a beast to keep up with sans leverage.

#55     Jan 31, 2018
    wtpWTP likes this.
  6. Esha.J

Esha.J

Well, Forex and Stocks have their different way of earning and working.

#56     Feb 5, 2018
    wtpWTP likes this.
  7. wtpWTP

wtpWTP

Friends, thank you for your encouragement and feedback. So far have gained 3% on my live account with conservative risk management levels. Was originally utilizing a weekly/daily timeframe, but quite enjoy the action on the 4hrs, anything less than that is still too much pressure and not enough time for me. I'm growing to like this challenge, but am trying to keep my discipline in accordance with my risk management, and trading rules. Thank you all again ;)

#57     Feb 10, 2018
  8. Esha.J

Esha.J

That is great to see that someone is in profit and learning well with the forum. Be positive with your work so that it can also give you a good result.

#58     Feb 12, 2018