New Trader Seeks Experts Help

Discussion in 'Trading' started by RSW, Jul 8, 2002.

1. RSW

RSW

I have read lots of posts, and I know there are lots of professional, full-time traders out there. My ultimate goal is to join your ranks. To that end, I'm hoping to find a few of you experts with generous spirits who can help me out.

I've been daytrading part-time for the past 6 months or so. I've read all the books. I have a good grip on the "soft" skills (discipline, persistence, money management, risk vs reward, etc.). I have a reasonably well funded account with a good broker. I've even managed to survive real live trading over the past several months. I just can't shake the feeling that my results have been more luck (both good and bad) than science.

I'm not looking to make a zillion, just to be consistently profitable. I'm not afraid of putting in the time and effort required for success. I know this profession must be approached like running a business. I have been an independent IT consultant for many years now - so I know all about running a business.

What I've been trying to do along the way is develop a relatively simple and mechanical trading system. I'm looking to build my account and my skill level with consistent, modest profits. I'm NOT interested in taking big risks or chasing a big score.

I would like to hear from the pros who have been there and done that. I know you're out there. The question is, would you be willing to share the nuts and bolts of your trading system with me? I'm not looking for "philosophy" - I'm interested in learning the research process, entry and exit signals, and the actual trading rules that have worked for you.

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and experience.