New Trader Need Help !!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by joytrader, Jun 28, 2001.

1. Babak

Babak

as far as I know there is no datafee/charting that has integrated with IB

the one I use is RealTick (I've found it reliable and good for my needs)

You have to check out what is there and see how it fits to your needs. For example, if you swing trade and only need eod then you wouldn't need to go with RT.

#21     Jul 5, 2001
  2. joytrader

joytrader

Thanks you all,

Can anyone tell me is there any propietary firm in Europe?

Thank you

#22     Jul 6, 2001
  3. dlu9024

dlu9024

Best advice I can give is trading one stock a time. If u know well how the stock will possibly move today. You can do better to find your entry level and exit level (position trading). Pick a moving stock (example: AMGN or BGEN). There are pther trading styles. Choosing which one really depends on individuals' preferrence.

Also trading with the Market. Market! Market! Market!

#23     Mar 10, 2002
  4. tuna

tuna

"The new SEC law, is going to make it tougher for novices like me...(can't short sell, no margin unless you got >$25K) "

Joy you can still get a margin account under $25k...you just gotta stay within the 3 in 5 under 25k rules, same as your cash accnt.

#24     Mar 10, 2002
  5. :p

#25     Mar 10, 2002
  6. dlu9024

dlu9024

{"The new SEC law, is going to make it tougher for novices like me...(can't short sell, no margin unless you got >$25K) "

Joy you can still get a margin account under $25k...you just gotta stay within the 3 in 5 under 25k rules, same as your cash accnt.}

25K is for daytrading account requirement not margin account requireemnt.

#26     Mar 11, 2002