New trader. Is my strategy ridiculous?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by slouse, Jul 2, 2010.

1. bone

bone

You should be trading flat price front month crude oil futures with your background and strategy. Don't cheat yourself out of a truly visceral experience - you sound bored and a bit unsure of yourself.

#71     Jul 9, 2010
  2. slouse

slouse

Haha, yeah. Mostly!

#72     Jul 9, 2010
  3. Money hungry obviously, but extremely smart? I highly doubt it judging from your trading strategy. Nevertheless, thanks for the interesting info about the boomtown, looks like a number of you Canadians lucked out. Maybe some of the struggling traders here should re-consider their current course of action and move out there.

#73     Jul 9, 2010
  4. Gambitman

Gambitman

It is a crazy world the Alberta Oil Patch. A roughneck can make 10K a month if he works two consecutive 2 week hitches, (12 hour days) and if he is in a camp he'll have 0 for living expenses.

#74     Jul 17, 2010
  5. miss minn

miss minn

#75     Jul 18, 2010
  6. Mav88

Mav88

Why not simply save half your income for 15 years? you'll then be at $2million at age 40 with no risk.

You need to understand how lucky you are, I've seen a lot of people like you not realize it and lose it because of hubris.

Human psychology- wealth is relative. Already rich compared to most, but always wanting more.

#76     Jul 18, 2010
  7. you shoudl check out the dalembert , its like martingale but less risky

adds 1 after a loss, subtracts 1 after a win
    until we return to 1 unit.

#77     Jul 18, 2010
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Yes, your taking on too much risk.

#78     Jul 18, 2010
  9. Except this strategy don't work Vegas have a table limits and the 8th hand is always over the limit. Unless they change from the last time I was there 1989:D :cool: :cool:

#79     Jul 18, 2010
  10. miss minn

miss minn

hello stuouse, i.m not sure if it is ridiculous but may [if true] stand equating to the sum being invested.for instance my younger son was earning close to that with only ten thousand dollars worth of tools.since then after study he earns probably more with only 2/3 days a week constisting of a few hours a day .

like most proff.fx traders 40 plus pips per day 3 days a week is easily achieved to return the figures you quote with a total account of $5000.

this is even easier proved by having someone like myself having access to the trading side of a micro mini account consisting of several hundred dollars and make it grow for you at which time you would be able to answer your question yourself.not ridiculous but improvable.

#80     Jul 18, 2010