New Trader in need of Automated Trading Software

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by ACalhoun, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Multicharts is superior to Tradestation.

#11     Apr 3, 2012
  2. Have you looked into TT ADL?

#12     May 24, 2012
  3. Anything new on that? ;) Just lost about 3 man weeks on stupid ninja trader issues and now seriously pissed on them (plus the fact that any backtest is just flaky like hell and any order book infrasturcture simply does not work during backtests).

#13     May 24, 2012
  4. sf631

sf631

I looked at ADL and it seemed nice (and not cheap) but TT is only for futures I believe, so don't bother if looking for equities

#14     May 24, 2012
  5. lol, your own fault. You could have easily saved your time by reading reviews on couple sites. For a beginner MultiCharts is not bad, for anything serious, you won't get around coding something on your own. Good luck!!!

#15     May 25, 2012
  6. JackR

JackR

#16     May 25, 2012
  7. taowave

taowave

Just an update.
    QS is really $%^&ing good.Its the best all around program I have used.
    Unfortuantely I can not harness all it has to offer as I am not capable of programming in C# yet.
    What I am really liking is the ability to acces various fundamental databases and incorporate that into the "technical" side.There is also a rules manager which is a great feature as well.

I have used Amibroker(excellent as well),AIQ(simply outdated) and StrataSearch(which is also a solid program).

#17     Oct 17, 2012
  8. zanek

zanek

If you want a really simple interface and easy language to backtest, try www.StockTesting.com

They use Javascript for the programming language, its completely web based, and super easy to use.

I dont think you can use options, but you can test futures and forex

#18     Oct 17, 2012