New Tower Components

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mktman, Oct 19, 2002.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

can you market it like 'the delta secrets'

#91     Mar 9, 2003
  2. Giggle, giggle. Every now and again I have shared a day's worth of winners with a few friends and associates. Many have asked me to put together a subscription service. Maybe somewhere in the future I might do this. But for now, I'm having too much fun being alone at the collection window.

Just today I visited the local OTB and thought I'd take the Louisiana Derby to task. The normal crowd was there and I sort of slid in the back of the place and ordered a meal. The start of the seventh race was six minutes away when my fiancee returned to the booth with a couple of programs. We both laughed as we saw the odds on the upcoming winner. She calmly walked to the window and placed a $20 W/P wager on "Excellent Choice." But we also wanted to participate in the "Pick Three" with the derby using our selections. So she purchased a $4 Pick Three ticket ($120 wager). The horse won and paid $20.80 to win and $7.80 to show. So we collected $208 and $78.

The very next race also looked promising but we could not decide between two horses, so we wagered on both of them. We liked "It's My Bag" (5 @ 13-1) and "Little Miss Deb" (2 @ 33-1). So we wagered $20 W/P on them both. It's My Bag won and paid $29.40 & $15.80. So now we collected another $294 & $158 for our tickets.

The Derby had us a bit anxious but Piece Rules (#9) trotted home like the champ he was. We picked up another $20 W/P collection of $342 for his efforts ($20.80 for the win and $6.20 for place). Since we had three horses we had $60 into that race, but we were happy with the outcome. Even more importantly, we were looking good for the Pick Three wager as we had two successful legs completed

The final race seemed to take all day to get started. And as "Border Blues" (#3) swung wide and saved our bacon we were very happy. There were too many horses in the running for us so we didn't place a W/P wager for that race. But the Pick Three more than made up for the decision. It paid $5,201.40 for a $2 wager. We had a $4 ticket. Good day all the way around. And you want to know if I want to share what again? :)

#92     Mar 9, 2003