New to trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by johnab, Sep 21, 2005.

1. johnab

johnab

I just started trading futures and I'm using technical analysis to trade. I have $5,600 in my account. I was wondering how far out I shoulg place my stop loss and what margin accounts I should trade in. I'm thinking $1,000 and under. If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

2. If you're asking questions like these, might as well send your money to some charity down in say, Louisiana? Sooner or later it'll part with you, anyway.

3. BSAM

BSAM

Dat's what I'm talkin' about!!! I've been thru Louisiana. Would that qualify me to get the money?:cool:

4. johnab

johnab

This forum sucks

5. Trading Bubble...

6. jason_l

jason_l

their point is this - you should be well past these sorts of questions before you put your money on the the line. Nobody can tell you where you should put your stops w/o knowing a vast amount of detail on how your trade. Even then, your discpline to follow it will be an even bigger issue.
    Paper trade until you can answer these questions yourself with out the slightest hesitancy. Until then, it's a 99.99% chance you will blow up.

7. What does this mean? I thought you trade Futures and already had a brokerage account? There is a performance bond requirement in Futures and some Brokers go as low as $300.00 per contract for "within the session" trading or commonly known as "daytrading margin".

I was wondering how far out I shoulg place my stop loss and what margin accounts I should trade in. I'm thinking $1,000 and under. If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.