New to trading wants to learn

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by fax, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Start Here:

http://stockcharts.com/

#11     Jan 18, 2010
  2. fax

fax

Thanks Rabbitone.

#12     Jan 18, 2010
  3. You're just starting and already trying/expecting to beat the market?

#13     Jan 18, 2010
  4. I think almost everyone starts out with hopes/dreams that they will make it big and can beat the market without really knowing how things work. That is what I thought anyway... then the realities kick in!

#14     Jan 18, 2010
  5. That is a molehill compared to the amount you would have to go through to really learn how to trade.

trading is not "signed up for investopedia and here are my stock thoughts." That is day 1 of about perhaps the next 5-10 years of your life.

#15     Jan 18, 2010
  6. xburbx

xburbx

this site actually has a lot to offer but a TON of crap to cut out. #

#16     Jan 18, 2010
  7. fax

fax

@thetrendfollowe: Yes, I'm trying/expecting to beat the market. I haven't managed to do that so far (actually, I lost money) but that's my hope. Anyway, my main goal now is to learn in order to trade well in the future.

@TraderZones and xburbx: Thanks for your comments. Do you have any particular advice?

#17     Jan 19, 2010
  8. Fax, would you be as motivated if it was proven to you it would take you 10 years full-time?

#18     Jan 19, 2010
  9. xburbx

xburbx

The best way to start is to read peoples posts that have a high number of posts. Even with that there are some serious idiots with high posts so just read and filter accordingly.

#19     Jan 19, 2010
  10. +1. And that even then, your chances of being a career lucrative trader are less than 1-2%?

#20     Jan 19, 2010