New to trading - Got a bunch of books. Scared to learn outdated things.

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Turiacus, Mar 8, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

more in 30 years

#81     Dec 29, 2019
  2. And none of the others refers to context?

#82     Dec 29, 2019
  3. padutrader

padutrader

I have never wanted, as all the books advice, to make 50% a year.

i was never in it..... to make money.

I was in it..... to be always right.

I believed, it is possible to be always right.

that anybody who thought other wise was wrong.

and that, the returns possible by being right, would be above 50% a day.

#83     Dec 29, 2019
  4. padutrader

padutrader

I do not remember. but I remember trend. that was always in my face.

but my exact words,easily verifiable,were "as far as my memory goes, I may be wrong, but only one book -Brooks-mentions context."

even Brooks does not explain it thoroughly.

because the context does change as the market goes through it' s allegedly manic convolutions.

as does trend.

everything in market is a mirage.....that disappears upon close examination.

that was not the only thing that disappeared : a substantial amount of my money went the same way

#84     Dec 29, 2019
    #85     Dec 29, 2019
    themickey likes this.
  6. %%
    Most likely you can find some help in books 2,23,67.Jack Schwagers top traders books are better.
    Don't worry about paying 1/2 bid ask.LOL You may see a 1/2 or 50% again anyway. Not a prediction...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

#86     Dec 29, 2019
  7. schizo

schizo

Unfortunately, this type of thing isn't something that can be taught. It only comes after many years of experience. Even then, some people will never understand. Either you get it, or you don't.

On the other hand, I think a lot of Brooks methodology can be simplified. He makes it sound too damn complicated, which it isn't. Just break it down into components and it's rather simple in practice.

#87     Dec 29, 2019
    padutrader and murray t turtle like this.
  8. %%
    That can be a good thing Xela; offend 4 in one sentence{54,844 Frenchmen can be wrong } LOL.[Partial disclosUre; i found most fib lines to be a fib/not helpful@ all. LOL
    As far as hindsight bias,X+ela sure [not sarcastic LOL] that is a BEAUTY = 208 DAY MOVING average, some use a 200 , but 208 has more hindsight bias + less slippage, sometimes .LOL
    IF you quit posting , too bad, i 've seen a loT to Winners I never saW A Winner QUIT; unless it was quit dayTrading with comissions..................................................................................

#88     Dec 30, 2019
  9. 777

Traders of the New Era

#89     Jul 20, 2020
  10. padutrader

padutrader

yes you are right

i have finally done that and it is quite simple. and i am doing much better. because i have finally put it all together: the technique and the position sizing.

i am now putting my capital safety first....... like i did when i first started trading

describing anything in a book makes it complicated.......

#90     Jul 20, 2020
    schizo likes this.