new to trade ideas...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by chiguy, Jun 7, 2005.

1. anyone use this...

i am using the pro version (non-browser)

so far it has seemed to pay for itself...

do you find that it alerts you beforwe or after the fact...

just looking for some feedback on the software...

2. Hi I think I am the resident expert. Would be glad to exchange ideas. It all depends on what you have set up and how you are doing it.

3. I have been using it for around two weeks. I find that there are many things you can do with it. The main problem I have is watching too many things at once. I think the key is having different alerts for different market conditions. I am still tinkering with it.

4. i have definite opening proceedures and systems....

i am trying to find some thing to augment my intraday activity...

i like to filter out the crap and currently trade only nyse issues...

is it worth looking into nasdaq for intraday...

i like to see reversals or breakouts from ranges...

5. Personally I don't like to limit myself to anything so I trade NYSE and NAS. As for what Buddha is saying here is my personal suggestion. To avoid too much infor use one of these filters with your alerts.

http://www.trade-ideas.com/Help.html#wsf_MinRV
    http://www.trade-ideas.com/Help.html#wsf_MinVWV
    (this is my favorite and I learned how to use it from one their samples)

I set min volatility to about .2 and I get only things that move on average of 20 cents every 15 minutes or so. I works well in my opinion.

6. thanks i will give it a go..

7. One way to quickly get over the learning curve with Trade-Ideas is to think about the configuration section with all its choices as 3 mini-sections or legs to a stool.

The first leg is the alerts - choosing many of these expands the amount of information you see. You can of course limit the amount by putting values in the boxes next to the alerts.

The second leg is the filters - all the alerts are subject to the filters. That is, opportunities must first pass the filters before tripping an alert. Choosing many of the filters limits the amount of information you see. You can of course adjust this by using different values in the appropriate boxes next to each filter.

The third leg is the stock exchanges or your own personal lists you create for Trade-Ideas to watch.

The nice thing about the tool is that once you create a window setting, you can always go back and tinker with the settings. Just know that a fast window in the morning will slow down during the doldrums. Many people have different windows for the different times of the day as well.

What to test out strategies during non-market hours? Your account is good for the PRO and website. At the website you can use the History feature to test your different set-ups. Look for your set-ups under "Recent windows" in either platform as you switch from one to the other. http://www.trade-ideas.com/Help.html#history_window

good luck